Marriage = happiness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

david90

In Runtime
Can marriage brings consistent and lasting happiness? I'm still young so I wouldn't know but I theorized that the answer is no.

I'm not married and nor do I plan to be for many years, but having dated, I would say it doesn't. I don't know why, but I just don't think so.

Yes it can if you pick the right partner.

What makes you think it can't?

I believe that a "right partner" does not exist. There will always be incompatibility to a certain degree and that will cause conflict in a relationship.

A marriage can bring happiness if you are happy with yourself and is willing accept the flaws in your partner. If this is the case, then happiness is the result of you and not the marriage itself.

I seriously do not get marriage at all. It's like... "Is this the line to lose half my shit?"

LMFAO ^^^ or get half of someone elses....Prenup my friend and your all good

Marraige is a work in progress... Sure you might find a partner who doesn't put enough into it but if you have 2 willing people who are going to work at it everything works it self out.

I am married and can honestly say it doesn't make a relationship worse to get married nor does it make it better. It feels the same as being in a relationship with someone. The word marraige doesn't really affect the relationship (most of the time) but it does offer tax deductions, cheaper health insurance (family plan). I got married because after so many years of being in a relationship it just makes sense that if neither of you are going anywhere why not have a big party (wedding), go on a sweet vacation (honeymoon) and live happily ever after (maybe).

But in all honesty I am just as happy as I was before I was married. Just find a girl who you can be in a relationship with and actually be happy even during the rough times. And just be willing to change and make sure she is too.

You know what they say, marriage is a three ring circus:

Engagement ring
Wedding ring
Suffering

I believe that a "right partner" does not exist. There will always be incompatibility to a certain degree and that will cause conflict in a relationship.

A marriage can bring happiness if you are happy with yourself and is willing accept the flaws in your partner. If this is the case, then happiness is the result of you and not the marriage itself.

If they are exactly the same then one of them isn't needed. ;)

Your partner should have your strengths as their weaknesses and vice versa. You support each other thus the reason why people explain it as being "complete".

I seriously do not get marriage at all. It's like... "Is this the line to lose half my shit?"

Can't you sign a paper when you marry with separation of goods? Like, in Brazil, when you marry you can choose to sign this paper that says all the properties and belongings under your name will stay under your name after marriage. Because of this, when you get a divorce, you keep all the goods under your name. Then, another clause states that if you want, you can add your partner's name to any property you have or you can choose to add them to any future property. In this case, a divorce would result in a 50% split.

Can't you sign a paper when you marry with separation of goods? Like, in Brazil, when you marry you can choose to sign this paper that says all the properties and belongings under your name will stay under your name after marriage. Because of this, when you get a divorce, you keep all the goods under your name. Then, another clause states that if you want, you can add your partner's name to any property you have or you can choose to add them to any future property. In this case, a divorce would result in a 50% split.

You might be thinking of a prenuptial agreement in which you are locking all your assets to yourself and your partner can not be entitled to them if the marriage ends in divorce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom