Scythe Mudgen 2. AM2+ Cpu Cooler

How was I being a fanboy? I accidentally mixed up the heatsinks. I was backing my suggestion with proof.

I was joking about myself, nothing about you :D Because I think I am a bit of a TRUE fanboy. I like to think that once it's lapped and washer modded, all the wannabes don't stand a chance :p

And by true I meant TR120E.

Oh, haha. I read your post wrong. I really do prefer the looks of the TRU120 or the Dark Knight.

Yeah that is a bit much for a Heatsink but man that thing would look sexy with that Mobo that Anonymous got a few weeks ago...:D:D:D

This is what i was gonna get:

http://www.heatsinkfactory.com/thermalright-true-copper-ultra-120-extreme-cpu-cooler.html

All Copper.. 1900 grams.

but 100$ for a cpu heatsink?? gtfo. But im curious how well would an all copper heatsink actually perform?

They perform very well. The Thermalright TRUE copper Ultra-120 eXtreme is a very good heatsink once you put some time and effort into lapping the base and buying a good fan for it. They are notorious for having uneven bases. But TRUEthfully, I really don't think it's worth the $100+ you're going to have to spend for the thing when you can get coolers that work just as well for much, much less.

whats with the "all-copper" version?? i thought copper was just used to transfer heat and but wasnt to good at absorbing it

Copper is an excellent conductor of heat and has a higher thermal conductivity than aluminum that is commonly used in heatsinks.

Back
Top Bottom