Netgear WGR614 v7 + Intel(R) PRO/wireless 2200BG Network Connection = Not happening

My router is being very bizarre, after tinkering for static ips and port forwarding it just started acting crazy.
Some devices get onto the network and connect to the internet just fine (a desktop running xp, the wii, and a macbook), other devices (my laptop running vista, another xp laptop, a G1 phone, an OLPC, and an xp desktop) will connect to the network but only have internet access if I manually set the DNS server to 192.168.1.1
When I attempt to connect without setting the DNS to that value I get on the network but receive an ip address outside the DHCP range (i.e., dhcp is set to .2-.51 and I get .133) and am unable to connect to the internet. Once I change the DNS then I am connected just fine.
When I changed the DHCP range to .101-.150 and set the DNS to automatic then all devices connected on their own and had internet access.
Unfortunately, about an hour after I posted that as a solution it stopped working and I had to switch back to 192.168.1.1 as my DNS server

very confusing problem and it really makes no sense to me!

jdavied - hhhmm... Your right, that doesn't make to much sense... I am wondering if maybe you may need to reset your router to factory defaults... Or flash the firmware... What kind of router do you have?

Back
Top Bottom