Computer starting yet no posting/beeping/booting

Nihsnek

Baseband Member
Hi,

I was having trouble with my keyboard dying during the middle of using it, so I got frustrated and pulled the power cord while the computer was on. I probably did this 2-4 times because it kept dying. Eventually, the computer wouldn't even boot. It won't boot into bios or anything... all of the lights turn on in the case, fans spin, but no beeps/noise from mobo and all of the usb ports don't get power(for example, usb mouse doesn't get power).

I have done the following:
Re-seat RAM
Re-seat sound card
Re-seat video card
Re-seat CPU/heatsink
Remove CMOS/Power, let sit for a few minutes
Remove all unneeded devices/items(all usb stuff, etc.)
Let computer sit overnight

No avail. What in the hell is the problem?

AMD 64 4000+
nVidia GeForce 7900GTX
2GB Corsair XMS
SeaGate 320GB SATA2 7200RPM x2
Creative X-FI Xtreme Sound Card
Special heatsink
Antec 550W PSU
GigaByte 3D Aurora Case

well crashed/fryed something obviously. Dont ever unplug the computer while its plugged in..you probably didnt have it plugged into a surge protector huh? Motherbaord might be Dead, psu looks to be alive.. gpu may be fryed.

Try taking the whole set up out of the case and run it on a peice of cardboard or something non conductive. Your standoffs might not be in the correct spots or your board could be shorting on something. Make sure there is no screws or random things behind the motherboard or anything also. Do you have another power supply you could try because that may have something to do with it as well.

its not shorting because it was fine for a really long time until he started unpluggin stuff..yeah try a new PSU, psu might not be supplying enough power.

It was plugged into a surge protector...I guess it could be the PSU, that's what some people have said so far.

its not shorting because it was fine for a really long time until he started unpluggin stuff..yeah try a new PSU, psu might not be supplying enough power.

Well it is still a possibility because I just had a similar problem well not with the keyboard dying and pulling out the cord but mine would power on and only the fans would spin but to get it out of that state I would have to push the reset button and then everything worked fine. Turns out that somehow the screws that held the mobo to the standoffs had gotten a little loose or I am assuming because I took out the system and all worked fine so when I put everything back in poof problem solved.

I didn't say that it was definitely it but worth a shot trying it especially if he doesn't readily have a PSU that he can test with. I had one laying around and tried that first only to find out that wasn't the problem. I also ruled out the power switch being faulty because I have an ATX control kit which I used to plug into the Mobo where the power switch attaches and tried that and it wasn't that either.

Either way its worth a shot if it is something as simple as that.

Tried a new PSU..still nothing. I've tried removing all cards/cmos/etc. and still no luck. No beeps what so ever. I guess my mobo may be fried.....

Back
Top Bottom