Random Chit Chat

OK. Socket AM3 processors were designed with a DDR2 memory controller to be backwards compatible with socket AM2+ motherboards. AMD kept this in mind to save the consumer the money and hassle of having to upgrade their system to run the new Phenom II processors.

You can use Phenom II socket AM3 CPU's with socket AM2+ motherboards. But you cannot use a socket AM2+ CPU on a socket AM3 motherboard.

Unless you got a friggen BIOSTAR...:(

but yea you can use AM3 in AM2+ boards but can't use AM2+ CPU's in AM3. If you have a compatible AM2+ board you can run the AM3 on them but can't use DDR3 ram but if you have an AM3 board u cant use DDR2 Ram... Most boards have support for all the AM3 CPU's except the new 955 BE and the 945. There is only 15 boards right now that support the 955 BE and not even all of the AM3 support it right now...:(

Untitled-17.png
\

OH YEAH! Gigabyte FTW :D

The World's Shortest Fairy Tale

Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl "Will you marry me?". The girl said "NO!" and the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer and scotch whiskey and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.

THE END

The World's Shortest Fairy Tale

Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl "Will you marry me?". The girl said "NO!" and the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer and scotch whiskey and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.

THE END

My lifes story right there.

Hmm... my brother has challenged me to complete the 3rd episode thingie on Wolfenstein 3D... the "Die fuhrer die" level, on hardest difficulty. What can I do to practice...? He's giving me £25 if I do it! :D

Back
Top Bottom