windows 7: my thoughts

XP (4 years) > Vista (4 years) > W7

What's your problem?

That's like saying: "This graphics card was awesome when I bought it five years ago, now they expect me to buy a new one to be able to play the latest games???"

You don't have an argument, you either pay for W7 as it cost MS a lot of money and time to develop and produce, or you stick with Vista.

vista 2 years you mean?
xp 6?
or i could get a really long extended trial

I might get the beta and install it on my other hdd. I guess I might as well check it out, the pre-beta I had was not bad, but there were like no compatible drivers out when I had it installed.

EDIT: Got my key, gonna download the RC on tuesday. I need to get some blank DVD's too.

I just install with a usb drive since I download just about every new build so why waste dvds

I dunno why I didn't think of that. Do I just unpack the ISO file and stick it on the USB drive. Also will it fit on a 2gb?

all i do is put the iso on my usb drive, go into my bios, set CD-ROM emulation for it, and it works perfectly

CD-ROM emulation? That's pretty cool. Any idea if the Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe supports that?

I kind if hate Windows 7. Yes it's faster than Vista or even XP maybe, but hell of a lot more ugly (aesthetically and confusing). I can't ever find anything. I makes me head spin in circles trying find even a simple file. Not compatible with a software that I have that vista DID support. Somehow the aesthetics make me tired.

Just my personal opinions, but I would NEVER buy it unless they make it alot more like vista, just faster. I am gonna wait and see what happens before I make my final choice because I really liked vista alot.

now now, lets not turn this into a "your a fag for not being windows 7 but owning it" thread and keep it on its main purpose shall we?

I kind if hate Windows 7. Yes it's faster than Vista or even XP maybe, but hell of a lot more ugly (aesthetically and confusing). I can't ever find anything. I makes me head spin in circles trying find even a simple file. Not compatible with a software that I have that vista DID support. Somehow the aesthetics make me tired.

Just my personal opinions, but I would NEVER buy it unless they make it alot more like vista, just faster. I am gonna wait and see what happens before I make my final choice because I really liked vista alot.

Does Windows 7 have an option of using the Windows Classic theme?

Back
Top Bottom