Random Chit Chat

Not what i think

rubberchicken.jpg

look at that cock!

uggg, i tore my ass muscle during a track meet a few days ago. can bearly walk. but a few days before that meet i got first in all of my events

um i took apart my pc put it all together with the new motherboard and i turned it on and it fine and i didnt have to reinstall my OS but i have 3 days left to activate my windows ultimate, so i click activate online and it says this key is allready in use wtf! so i type in hte one on the back of my vista ultimate box and it says cant activate it says like activate by phone and stuff, i think ill just do that i wonder if ill have to do this from now on call microsoft to activate...

edit:nvm i called microsoft and did it over the phone activated! :)

I wonder if I will have to call microsoft every time i reinstall

edit:

doeseverythinglookok.jpg

Does everything look ok? like all my settings and stuff I was kinda thinking of reformatting and reinstalling everything and updating my bios i don't know what version i have on here and i dont know what the latest version is but ive got a program on here that updates it for me

Well, yea. That way you can run the new AM3 Phenom CPU's on the AM2 motherboards without having to buy a whole new setup. It was good thinking by AMD.

So wait this is confusing to me. i thought the am3 sockets were not backward compatible with am2's. So why can my 790gx support the Phenom II 955??

I think yesterday was the most tiring day of my life! Woke up at 6:30 to take the SAT in the morning, then had Prom related stuff for most of the afternoon and night. Went to bed at 4AM.

So wait this is confusing to me. i thought the am3 sockets were not backward compatible with am2's. So why can my 790gx support the Phenom II 955??
OK. Socket AM3 processors were designed with a DDR2 memory controller to be backwards compatible with socket AM2+ motherboards. AMD kept this in mind to save the consumer the money and hassle of having to upgrade their system to run the new Phenom II processors.

You can use Phenom II socket AM3 CPU's with socket AM2+ motherboards. But you cannot use a socket AM2+ CPU on a socket AM3 motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom