My First Build

What size monitor are you running? If you're running at a resolution of anything less than 1900x1200 the Core 216's in SLI are useless. One will do you fine. You won't even be able to use your wireless and sound card if you go with that motherboard. The Core 216's are dual slot cards. You will only have PCI slot open.

yeah u can but be careful when selecting the board because some of them only support 1066 memory one dimm per channel at a time so make sure you check that if you are planning on buying 1066 Ram

yeah u can but be careful when selecting the board because some of them only support 1066 memory one dimm per channel at a time so make sure you check that if you are planning on buying 1066 Ram

i have no idea what that means.
but i AM going with the 750a with the phenom ii 940, and for ram i'm going to do what worship me suggested; use the Kingston HyperX T1 Series 2x2GB DDR2 1066

and yes, i'll get the gtx285 instead.

would these speakers be much better to use with the sound card?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121120

It looks like you'll have a good build there bud. And as for the speakers and sound card, I can't comment as I have no expertise but I would assume so.

ok, great. i'll list everything i'm ordering in a post soon.

by the way, will i need to order a heatsink as well, or will the antec 1200 be enough?

With a case like the 1200, the stock HSF will be fine.

And please do list the parts in your final build when you order.

i have no idea what that means.
but i AM going with the 750a with the phenom ii 940, and for ram i'm going to do what worship me suggested; use the Kingston HyperX T1 Series 2x2GB DDR2 1066

and yes, i'll get the gtx285 instead.

would these speakers be much better to use with the sound card?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121120

That is exactly what I was talking about the ram worship suggested was 1066Mhz. Some of the boards won't allow you to run more than 1 stick of RAM at 1066 in each channel. Which Motherboard are you getting If you could post a link to it I will tell you if it has this restriction.

Back
Top Bottom