Blue Screen Flash then Restart

Skyline1

Baseband Member
Hi guys,

problem with my PC. It seems to start up ok, i get a few bleeps on start up, but had them since ages, and had no problems.

Anyway, today i got a blue screen flash, and my pc restarted. All i was doing was browsing the net at this point.

Loaded up ok, started using it as normal, happend again. This time I was editing data for a game (Football Manager 2009 to be precise).

And happend a third time, as i was typing this post out!!

i cannot get the reference of the blue screen error, as it just flashes on, then computer restarts. this used to happen maybe 8months ago, but then stopped, and not happend since today, where its done it 3 times in 15min.

i read i can use Event Viewer to check logs, but dont know what I am looking for, to find the problem?

Can someone help?

Computer Setup

MSI K9N Neo Mobo
AMD x2 6000+ Processor
3gig Ballstix RAM
300gig HDD
750gig Seagate External HDD
NVidia 8500GT Gcard

Is your PC full of dust devils causing a heating problem.
Get a wrist strap and re-seat your memory.

First thing you need to do is to stop the automatic reboot after BSOD. Open your system properties, click the advanced tab and then the settings button under startup and recovery. Uncheck 'Automatically Restart' and OK all of the open windows. Next time a stop error is generated you should be able to see it.

Then you can see what is causing the error and fix it or post it here.

Cheers guys.

Doesn't seem to be much dust inside, but I have not checked recently, as I have a bad cold ,and dont want to mix my already bad throat/nose with dust! lol.

Turned the PC off and left it for an hour, and seemed to be working fine last night, cannot be a over heating problem, as the temp said it was around the 32-34 which is the normal temp for it.

Ok, heres what code i get

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

0X0000000A (OX806E0000, 0X00000002, 0X00000008, 0X806E0000)

had a quick read o nthe web, and they mention driver problems, but my Device manager says all drivers are installed... anyway to find out which drivers causing problems?

Does it mention a .dll in the error?

Those errors typically point to either a driver problem or even a memory error.

To diagnose any memory problems, you can use Memtest86+ . They have versions for bootable CD's, floppies, and USB flash drives.

Nah not that i noticed, just said that IRQL error at the top, then big chunk of text, then the error code below.

Will double check next time it happens, and run a mem test.

Getting

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Now? :S

No dll mentioned, just that error message, and the 0x00000050 code.

I'm guessing it's faulty memory. I'd suggest running memtest. Short of that, if you have multiple sticks of memory, run them one at a time to weed out the bad one(s).

If you use Memtest, it would be best to test one stick at a time also.

Ok well I'm running mem test now, with all sticks in (Will do them seperately after).
What am I looking for on this test? Currently have a blue screen which is showing chipset details etc, and
Pass: 22% (Keeps going up)
Test 99% (Keeps going up)
Test #4 [Moving Inversions, random pattern]
testing: 2048M - 3072M 3071M
Pattern: (Keeps changing)

Then at bottom a table kind of thing

Wall time, caches, RsvdMem, MemMap, Cache, ECC, Test, Pass, Errors, ECC Errors

Back
Top Bottom