windows 7: my thoughts

Spartan109

Fully Optimized
so i decided to skip vista and head for what i have red in pc gamer is an "apology" for windows vista. It's the x64 version of the operating system build 7057 and so far, i am likeing it more than xp. it seems to have quicker load times for programs and games but this may be just because I am comparing this to a 32 bit version of xp, so it may be biased. I finally have a OS now that takes advantage of all 4 gigs of ram I have, and I didnt like it at first but now i am seeing how useful the new taskbar is. IMO I don't know how bad it was, but I know that I don't need to try it with this version of windows. even microsoft upate has been improved, so now when i was trying to install my audio drivers and no website could provide the drivers,i got them from.....windows update!?!?!WTF! lol it's great to see microsoft putting out an OS that even my dad who loves the old school win98 look enjoys and wants to use, of course thats not happening on my computer ;)

Microsoft, I applaud you for your new OS, thank you for not making junk.....this time :D

I'm using the 32 bit version of 7 and I see fairly quick load times. I haven't played with it a whole bunch, but what I have seen I like.

so i decided to skip vista and head for what i have red in pc gamer is an "apology" for windows vista. It's the x64 version of the operating system build 7057 and so far, i am likeing it more than xp. it seems to have quicker load times for programs and games but this may be just because I am comparing this to a 32 bit version of xp, so it may be biased. I finally have a OS now that takes advantage of all 4 gigs of ram I have, and I didnt like it at first but now i am seeing how useful the new taskbar is. IMO I don't know how bad it was, but I know that I don't need to try it with this version of windows. even microsoft upate has been improved, so now when i was trying to install my audio drivers and no website could provide the drivers,i got them from.....windows update!?!?!WTF! lol it's great to see microsoft putting out an OS that even my dad who loves the old school win98 look enjoys and wants to use, of course thats not happening on my computer ;)

Microsoft, I applaud you for your new OS, thank you for not making junk.....this time :D
Yep, I'm using the same one, Ultimate 64-bit build 7057. So far, I'm liking it much better than Vista. I might seriously consider buying it when it comes out if the price isn't completely out of sight (which, knowing MS, it could be)

im not buying it
i paid for vista and there switching over this fast?
ill get it but im not buying it

im not buying it
i paid for vista and there switching over this fast?
ill get it but im not buying it
Well, technically I didn't pay for Vista, my laptop came with it installed.

Yeah, they're switching this fast, kinda like Windows ME deal from back in the day.

yea i used an activator that allows it to not shut down after the evalutaion period, so i'm just gonna us this. i dont think there will be much difference between eval and retail

I have the release candidate of win 7. I like it alot better than vista since it runs alot faster on the same hardware. When it is released I might put it on my old computer that I bought vista for but didn't work out so well.

I don't think i'm going to buy it either at least not for my old computer.
M$ gave me such a hard time when I called them when I built my new computer. They said that since it was activated on the old computer already I couldn't put it on my new build even though it had not even been 30 days since I bought it. So I had to crack it for this computer that i use now.

Apparently, Windows 7 will be available on Acer computers beginning on October 23. MS has stated that on May 5, they will release a free RC that will be good for a full year, until June 10, 2010. That is also the proposed release period of Windows 7.

Back
Top Bottom