Best Graphics card for....

My thread has been jacked lol

Sniper Viper that is a horrible deal. For 130 dollars you can get a gts

it can probably run up to a 9600gt maybe a 4670 or 4770

To get back to the original thread owner, you could get a 9800GT or a GTS 250 which are practically the same thing. To Suxor, I don't think that PSU will run much more than a 9500GT. It only has 20A on the 12v rail and a total output of 420 watts which, unfortunately, won't run too many recent graphics cards. (ATI specification excluded.) HolySky, get a 9800GTX +. I know it's more than 100 dollars, but it's REALLY worth it. Amazing FPS and generic browsing speed are both worth the extra money. (Make sure it's Evga, as I think theirs is clocked highest.)

the gts is a gtx+ rebranded with less power consumption and it cost 20 dollars more than my budget

it doesn't really matter the clocks also, thats why they have overclocking. I mine as well save up for the gts thanks everyone

i think the price of the 4770 is going to drop which means Nvidia will drop the prices of the gts

Well the 9500GT is only a small step up from my 8600GT...

I'd rather get a 4670 which doesn't require any pin connector :/

I'll just assume agree since I have no relation to hold with ATI/AMD products.

HolySky: You're right, the GTS250 is practically a 9800GTX+ with minor differences in the clock speed and whatnot. Amazingly, the GTS250 clocks out higher on the core and goes for about 10 dollars less than the 9800GTX+. :S?

It doesn't matter about pin connector it matters about the rail and everything. I would advise getting at least a 500 watt before steeping up to a better card

you might be able to pull off a 4670

Also, HolySky, I would definitely upgrade the motherboard before jumping to a GTS250. You'll be killing your card's speed if you stick with the board you have (unless the board is PCI-E 2.0 specifications.) I would suggest a 750i based board or a P45/Q45/X48 based Intel board. Or an X38. I don't think there are very many Intel chipsets that support SLI. (if that's what you intend to do later on down the road.)

Back
Top Bottom