Sound Problems.

Dub18

Beta member
When listening to music, or any sound on the computer, whether it be on the internet or on itunes, it will occasionally slow down the music, and it becomes fuzzy and hard to hear or listen to.

Its not the speakers as I've bought a new pair and it's still around. I noticed that it happens only when I open, programs or whenever somethings loading up in general.

Just wondering if anybody has any ideas on the source of the problem.

Thanks.

Hey these are some of my Specs;

System Model: Dimension 3000
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS Plus Version 1.10 AO3
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
Memory: 510MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

This is what I was told to do on another site if it's any use to you. Its only a recent problem, and I have done anything to any soundcard drivers etc. so I'm not quite sure where to start as this is a problem that could have started anywhere.

""That's nasty, if I had my windows 95 hat on, I'd be wondering about your resources... IRQ conflicts or interrupt storms... but bleh, all I can suggest is updating your chipset drivers, soundcard drivers, and try moving the soundcard to another slot (if it's not on-board).
Check out your device manager too, make sure your harddrive's IDE channel is running in DMA mode and not PIO.
If it is onboard sound, it might be worth trying a PCI one. Or you could swap out the harddrive with a spare one and try a clean windows install, and see if the problem remains there too... it'd rule out a lot of suspects without having to sacrifice the OS setup you've already got.
Could be your PC's just not up to the job, but I think it'd have to be extremely low spec to struggle to that extent.
It sounds like one of those problems that could be almost anything, and will probably take you a lot of trial and error and eff'ing and blinding to track down... or might mysteriously fix itself with new drivers... try the easy things first anyway.
""

I would suggest downloading and installing the latest drivers for your sound.

You might also want to look into cleaning up you computer. Get rid of any unneeded files and folders, do a defrag, make sure there are no unneeded programs running in the background.

A really good program to use that can help you clean your system up is CCleaner

You could do with a bit more memory. Another 512MB or even going to a total of 2GB would help.

The solution is usually a lot simpler than people think.

Before I check hard drives, registry problems, download new drivers, etc...,
always first try rebooting (which obviously is not the answer in this case), next try housing the speakers away from the computer and even further away from the computers monitor. Magnets in the computers monitor tend to distort mini speakers such as Polk and Altec Lansing.

There's no such things as problems, only solutions.

Good Luck,
Tech Master
www.101-TechTips.com - Blog

Hi there,

Try to update your sound card drivers. Check your neighbours pc sound system with your PC. that will help you to get clear idea. Select various other music and notice for the same problem.

Regards
Mike
rentfusion.com

Back
Top Bottom