More networking issues...

Rmp5s

In Runtime
I have a Linksys WRT54G5 with an xbox 360 plugged into it and a Dell Inspiron 1501 (which has its own issues...) and a HP Mini running wirelessly off of it. The HP is running XP and the Dell is running Vista.

I'm trying to set up the xbox to stream media (pics, vids and mp3s) off the computers. The Dell does it no problem...but I can't get the HP to do it. The HP can see the xbox and the Dell on the network. The Dell can see the xbox. The xbox can see the dell. The xbox will stream off the Dell just fine. But neither the Dell nor the xbox even see the HP...at all...let alone stream from it.

How do I make the HP visible to the network? I can't for the life of me remember how to do it.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks!

--Brent

First off, you have to open it up for network sharing... If I remember correctly (which I probably don't) all you have to do is have a folder set to be shared...
Also just to make sure, you are using the media center with the hp right? cause if I remember correctly you can only stream by using the media center or something of the sort...

Back
Top Bottom