Accidentally deleted volume? (help)

No it is.

You first need to figure out what your sound card is. What chipset it is then go to that maker website and download the latest version for that chip.
This is sort of what Holysky is telling you what to do.

Okay. Can you direct me to how to find this info? Everything else I've tried so far hasn't fixed the problem. Every time I go to the download wizard to reinstall the driver, it never works.

Listen, you can't install it from them. Do what I told you. Click Start, Control Panel, Performance and Maintenance, and then System. You should find Device Manger there. Look for anything with a yellow exclamation sign next to it. Write down the name and model number. Go to Google and type that in and add driver to the end. Just download and install it.

Thanks for the help so far guys.

rohan23, I did that and tried to download RealTek AC'97 Audio twice, and it crashed my system both times. I still can't figure this out.

Oh, the yellow exclamation mark was the Multimedia Audio Controller just to let you know.

Does anybody have a few suggestions as to what I can do with this when I get back tomorrow night? A few of the things I've downloaded or tried haven't worked.....I'm sure it's easy, I just can't figure out exactly what to do here.

Thanks in advance, I'll check in tomorrow afternoon to try it again.

Nah, every time I try system restore, it never completes. It says it wasn't able to restore to the said date.

Back
Top Bottom