new case problem

ok so i get my new coolmaster 690 case i take everything outa my old case and put it all together in the new case and it wont turn on its plugged in the power supply is on and evreything vie tried a diff power supply but noooooo and hte power switch wire is plugged into the right slot but i take evreything outa the case and set it on my desk in no case like it is right now then it boots fine wth!!!

I had a similar problem recently however my system wouldn't even boot on the table.

Check to make sure all the motherboard standoffs are in the right positions. Sometimes a misplaced standoff can cause a short.

These;

standoff2.jpg

Just make sure they are install in the right places and they are all screwed into the motherboard.

What Atomic Rooster said. Check to see their aren't any screws behind the motherboard tray. Try unplugging your hard drive and giving it a shot. When I switched over to a new case, my hard drive caused my system to short.

Make sure you even used standoffs. They are gold screws with a hole on top for another screw to go in.

yeah..that can cause a short too cabbs, but screws, if your missing some..shouldnt cause a short but if there randomly laying behind the board then yes..just make sure your jumper pins are plugged in right..power to power pin..etc etc, rst to rst...ground to ground..alot of the time this is a common problem..but FIRST, is the mobo green light showing when u plugin th epower supply?

okay i love all of you i didnt know about those little standoff thingys and so i put them all in and plugged everything in for the millionth time and i get it all setup i press power and bam baby!!!! it lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you all so much!!!!!!

I got otu of work at 8:00pm EST and came home and went straight to work on this and now with cf's help im just now finishing :D wow im sweaty i need to shower!!!

This case is amazing!!! its huge!!!! came with 3 120 mm fans i love it!!! ill take pics later!

Back
Top Bottom