swine flu

The story

A 22-month-old child from Mexico who was taken to Houston, Texas, for medical treatment is the first confirmed U.S. fatality from swine flu, health authorities said Wednesday.

The toddler was not a U.S. citizen, said Kathy Barton, a spokeswoman for the Houston Department of Health and Human Services, adding she could provide no other details.

At a news conference unrelated to the health issue, President Obama said, "My thoughts and prayers and deepest condolences go out to the family as well as [to] those who are ill and recovering from this flu." Read full article »
(Cnn.com)

she wasnt even from the US she came here for treatment from mexico, it doesnt count as US death lol

Full story----- http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/04/29/swine.flu.international/index.html

The story

A 22-month-old child from Mexico who was taken to Houston, Texas, for medical treatment is the first confirmed U.S. fatality from swine flu, health authorities said Wednesday.

The toddler was not a U.S. citizen, said Kathy Barton, a spokeswoman for the Houston Department of Health and Human Services, adding she could provide no other details.

At a news conference unrelated to the health issue, President Obama said, "My thoughts and prayers and deepest condolences go out to the family as well as [to] those who are ill and recovering from this flu." Read full article »
(Cnn.com)

she wasnt even from the US she came here for treatment from mexico, it doesnt count as US death lol

Full story----- http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/04/29/swine.flu.international/index.html

ROFL @ this.... Not at the kid dying but the fact that they call this the first "US" death... The kid is from MEXICO and is not a US citizen. But yet they call it the first US death... God this stupid virus is really getting hyped up... Get with the program reporters if the kid is from Mexico, and only came to the US not as a citizen but an ILLEGAL immigrant it DOESN'T count as a US casualty...

Anyone seen this pic before?
27K39.jpg

No cases of the swine flu is reported in Colorado, so I am going to assume that what I have now is just a normal cold blended with some allergies. If I get worse, then I'll go see a doctor.
I can't really stay home since theres only 2 weeks of school left, and I need to take my finals and turn in work to keep my grade up.

ROFL @ this.... Not at the kid dying but the fact that they call this the first "US" death... The kid is from MEXICO and is not a US citizen. But yet they call it the first US death... God this stupid virus is really getting hyped up... Get with the program reporters if the kid is from Mexico, and only came to the US not as a citizen but an ILLEGAL immigrant it DOESN'T count as a US casualty...

You know, people can cross the border without being an illegal immigrant. It's called visiting a country
emot-eng101.gif

I agree but coming to a country that your not part of in order to recieve health care isn't visiting IMO...
emot-eng101.gif
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8024611.stm
The child - one of 91 cases of swine flu in the US - had been visiting relatives in Texas when he fell ill.
The child wasnt even visiting just for the purpose of getting healthcare they where visiting family when they fell ill . So what would your suggestion be send a sick child all the way back to mexico to get healtcare when there is a hospital nearer

And besides its not like the healthcare over here where you dont have to pay , if someone wants the healthcare and is prepared to pay then whats wrong with that

Well, its reached the UK.

Good bye people.

Honestly though, it is really being honed in upon by the media, like anything like this always is. We won't hear the end of it for about a year.

I'm pretty sure more people die from standard flu. I may be wrong, but it probably is that way.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8024611.stm

The child wasnt even visiting just for the purpose of getting healthcare they where visiting family when they fell ill . So what would your suggestion be send a sick child all the way back to mexico to get healtcare when there is a hospital nearer

And besides its not like the healthcare over here where you dont have to pay , if someone wants the healthcare and is prepared to pay then whats wrong with that

Well i stand corrected... Sorry still don't make him the first "US" casualty Still another mexico casualty as far as im concerned...

Back
Top Bottom