Calling All Computer-Know-It-Alls, Please.

I'm sure he would love it. I'm also sure he wouldn't notice that it weighs only a pound more than the Dell XPS. :p

I'm sure he'll notice the larger dimensions, that's for sure. It may not seem like much on paper, but it will when you've been lugging that baby all day.

Ok please some quick help, if anyone's still online...Which of these two configurations is better? Better in gaming? in multi-tasking? in Performance?

Dell Latitude E6500

CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo P8400 (2.26GHz, 3M L2 Cache, 1066MHz FSB)

Screen: 15.4” UltraSharp™ Wide WXGA+ (1440x900) LED Display-Brushed Metal Black

Video: NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M

Storage: 160GB Hard Drive, 5400RPM

Price: $1026

HP Dv7t

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo Processor T6400 (2.0GHz)

OS: Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

Screen:17.3" diagonal HD+ High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1600 x 900)

Video:1GB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 4650

Storage: 320GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection

Price: 999.99

I would go with the Latitude, based on the size alone. Another feature that lures me in is probably the LED backlit screen. That's supposed to be the successor to the older CCFL backlighting. I have one on my MacBook Pro, and it's been great so far. There isn't that annoying warming up period you get with other panels. Plus it doesn't dim over time.

Considering that the NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M is geared towards business use and it's drivers aren't optimized for gaming applications, the HP Dv7t would be the better choice performance wise.

alright so atomic says Dv7t, 01001010 says Latitude...now you guys arent just choosing different ones from each other because you guys are arguing right? this is your honest opinions right?

Like I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't want to carry that 17" around if I needed to.

If you want to get further viewpoints, you should do your own research on the models you selected above. Know their faults and weaknesses. We're only going by the specifications. We (or I) haven't personally touched and handled the notebook in person, but others online have. I'd look at their personal, honest, opinions as owners.

Yup, I'm just looking at overall performance. It really doesn't matter who it's manufactured by as long as the quality and performance is there. Dell makes a great laptop.

alright thanks you two are sincere. I will do some more research. Thanks again for all the help, it's greatly appriciated, really.

Funny how we're all Californians. Healdsburg is only 448 miles away from me. Riverside is only 110 miles away.

Don't come knocking.

Back
Top Bottom