Calling All Computer-Know-It-Alls, Please.

Don't really suggest the HP Pavilion line unless you prefer to have less space on your monitor. If you like their line, purchase it built using your own specifications.

17" WXGA high-definition widescreen display
With BrightView technology and 1440 x 900 resolution showcases your movies and games in stunning clarity.

1440 x 900 is almost a joke on a 17" notebook screen.

That is funny. That's the same resolution as my Acer X192W 19" widescreen LCD.

You know what the real joke is 01001010?

The laptop I suggested has more memory, larger hard drive, a bigger screen, and a much better video card than the one's you suggested that cost more.

Well I think all these specs are great computers, some are pricier than others, and some are better suited for other specific needs, but all seem good. thanks you guys, anything else you guys find, please list. Im still searching for the "best buy" available in laptops right now. Im planning to purchase a new laptop to replace my curent desktop by the end of May. So till then, let the search for the perfect pc go on! ;D

That is funny. That's the same resolution as my Acer X192W 19" widescreen LCD.

1440 x 900 is almost a joke on a 17" notebook screen.
That's funny, considering I mentioned notebook screens. Don't worry, I have the same resolution across all my monitors.

You know what the real joke is 01001010?

The laptop I suggested has more memory, larger hard drive, a bigger screen, and a much better video card than the one's you suggested that cost more.

The real joke is how that matters in the real world. Those small increments mean absolutely nothing. The notebooks I mentioned are meant to be abused and put to the test. These aren't based on design, but on reliability. I'd bet the Pavilion was built with different specifications in mind. I'd also expect the specifications to be better on the notebook you linked, considering how it's all housed in a 17" notebook.

You know what the best thing about that HP is? It can do everything he wants it to do, in the price range he wants:
Im a college student and I need a portable computer that can do everything my current computer can do (i.e. run Photoshop CS3 smoothly, stream the net without much slow-down etc.). I am a gamer too but thats not too important, specially since gaming comp.s cost upwards from $1000.

Ok to sum this up, can someone find me a computer of equal specs to my desktop but in a laptop. I want it to run as fast if not faster than my current 5-6 year old desktop. Oh and please, if possible, keep the price of your laptop below $1000.

LOL! My 12 year old hauls around a back pack for classes in junior high that weighs more than that.

Just wait till she goes to college. Go ahead and buy her that 17" notebook. She'll love lugging that baby around. I'm sure that thing will fit on the desks, especially since they give you so much room nowadays.

I'm sure he would love it. I'm also sure he wouldn't notice that it weighs only a pound more than the Dell XPS. :p

Back
Top Bottom