Car Thread!

Yeah, the AOD is like 180 lbs or something. I'm not really sure. I think I am going to throw these exhaust manifolds out too, I don't think I could give them away, lol.

I might buy this:
Photo-0008.jpg

Photo-0010.jpg

'84 Volkswagen GTI

Cabbs, was that you that got paint splattered on your car by one of those trucks that paints the road? Whatever happened with that?

Got any better pics cornholio101?
Those are the only ones of what it looks like now (lowered, etc).

Here's some from when my buddy (who is selling it to me) got it
moto_0370.jpg

moto_0371.jpg

I'm going to go see the car in a little bit, I'll take some pics w/ my phone since my camera is dead and the charger has been misplaced. Hopefully my friend will call me back so I know when he can show it to me.

Cabbs, was that you that got paint splattered on your car by one of those trucks that paints the road? Whatever happened with that?

They got it all off. We had to jump through a few hoops, but they got it done right in the end.

Those are the only ones of what it looks like now (lowered, etc).

Here's some from when my buddy (who is selling it to me) got it

(pics)

I'm going to go see the car in a little bit, I'll take some pics w/ my phone since my camera is dead and the charger has been misplaced. Hopefully my friend will call me back so I know when he can show it to me.

Nice, I'm sure it'll be a fun little ride.

That GTI looks epic.
Thanks, my friend has pretty good taste in what to do with his cars (in my opinion at least). He just got an '07 Candy White GTI 2.0T. That makes 3 cars for him (all of which he still owns). The other is a '98 GTI 2.0L (black). He was originally going to sell that car to me but he decided to give it to his brother (it was also much more expensive than the 84). Here's a fairly recent pic of the 98
DSC00725-1.jpg

....and why he got the '84....
moto_0343.jpg

He never got it running 100%, but it got close. (And yes, that is a Lysholm) That thing really pulled. But he's taking it back to stock and giving it to his brother. (and yes, he did have a front mount on it, it just isn't present in the picture).

How much power did it put down?

I drove my friend's WRX wagon today. I have more respect for them after driving one, they're fun cars.

Back
Top Bottom