multimeter question

what do you mean discharge them?

Yeah. What do you mean? Discharging is a broad term.

edit: I googled your question and I think I know what you mean. You don't have to completely "discharge" the battery on your PSP. When you're recharging just make sure you recharge it until it is full and no more. Recharging batteries for longer times can actually shorten battery life.

no i mean, the batteries arent working but if you make them lose there charge they start working again, i was able to discharge one with heat and im working on it with the other battery now, but it dosent seem to be working as well

depends what type of multimeter you are using , if its a moving coil meter then it should discharge however most digital meters have a very high internal resistance meaning if any dischargeing is done it will be done increadibly slowly . Probably my best advice is to get a load resistor or bulb/led and connect it to the battery as this will discharge much quicker

just a simple series ccircuit with the battery and bulb as so
battery_circuit.JPG

Whatever you do dont just short out the terminals on the battery you must place a load on the battery otherwise you risk causing a fire as all of the current surges across the wire you use and the battery heats up this is what caused the sony exploding notebook batteries a few years back
Also if this is a rechargeable batttery there could be problems with the memory effect but you would have to read into yourseelf as i am not very learned on that topic

ah but you see it isnt a normal battery its a psp battery, not to mention its the old one :( so its gonna be hard to get. now i was able to heat up my battery and it discharged it and it is working normal agian bup this one isn't discharging and it isn't mine which is why its sch a problem

yes i know so just connect the +ve and -ve terminals to either side of the buld it should light and get dimmer as the battery discharges , if that dosent happen the battery may be damaged

ok lol, the guy just now :rolleyes: decided to inform me he broke it and the cover needs to be on so it presses the battery in, its not electrical, its stupidical :)

Back
Top Bottom