core i7 stock fans - any good??

liquidmonkey

In Runtime
does anyone have the new i7 920 that came with a fan?
is the fan any good?

i'm asking cause i can get a i7 920 for a bit cheaper WITHOUT a fan though and i'm pretty sure i've already read that most people get a different fan anyway, especially those that overclock. sound right?

and could u recommend a good fan (i have NO IDEA in this area) :(
have seen some zalman and arctic cooling freezer fans but they are not core i7 compatible :(

thanks in advance!!

If you don't overclock, you don't need an aftermarket cooler, simple as that. Stock cooling does the job and it's not very loud.

Any stock Intel fan is horrible.

this is the best air cooler IMO under 50 dollars that is compatible with the core i7 without the brackets. this comes with all of that plus white LED's and it looks awesome

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233029

what is your price budget exactly?

budget is roughly 300-400 kr which = roughly 50 bucks american but computer things in sweden are slightly more expensive so its hard to say.

yup, u have sold me mate, that cooler looks awesome and has great reviews!!!

now, i can't get the actual 'dark knight' one you linked to but can get the slighty older Xigmatek HDT-S1283.
so my ??? is, can i use that cooler on my LGA1366 MOBO (which is an asus p6t deluxe v2) or do i need to get the conversion kit of Xigmatek Crossbow I7361 for Core i7.

i can't believe a fan is holding up my new rig purchase, haha!

just out of curiosity is the I7 without the fan cheap enough to justify spending 50 bucks on this? Are you going to overclock the CPU because if not you really don't "need" and aftermarket cooler. But if you can get it for around the same price I guess its not a bad deal and if you do decide to overclock it in the future atleast you will have one. :D:D

will the Xigmatek S1283 dark knight fit into a COOLER MASTER 690 case?????

and how are we supposed to know something like this before we buy it????

thanks for the advice, in this thread and the other that the mods closed.
much appreciated and off to the store right now :)

Back
Top Bottom