Xbox 360 3D model set

Hmm... Maya isn't as good as Max I've heard. People say to make it work as well as Max, you need to install many plugins, and then it just becomes too slow to work with.
If its what you feel comfortable with though, then I don't see why you shouldn't try again with it.

Heh, its almost 4am (okay, it is now), but heres an update:

bottomportiondone27.jpg

Added the bottom part, which was actually harder than it looks. Plan to add the port next, and then add the top part which needs to be done again, and then the smaller details, and the buttons.
I said it shouldn't be long about a week ago, but it really shouldn't be now if I keep on task.

Again, a few errors with gaps, but those are mostly tweaks :) The battery part may need to be tweaked too slightly to match better with the real controller. Mostly size, slight position issues.

what are you using to model this?
i.e Blueprints, pictures, actual controller.

A mixture of the actual controller and blueprints.
Its very easy to misjudge when just modelling by eye, so I always make sure I have some kind of blueprint.

For the controller, I just took images of all views using my cam phone, and stuck then on a plane, and I unhide them when necessary to check the sizes of parts.
Front/back/bottom/top/sides.

Its still not 100% to the actual object, because its so curvy, its hard to judge, but it fools the eye, so thats good enough for me, and it matches mostly with the blueprints in terms of scale.

A small update. Added some materials, though only basic at the moment:

bettermat29.jpg

Time to add buttons!

Thanks Teny :)

I've stopped working on it this minute, as I'm modelling a Nintendo DSi for a modelling challenge at a forum, but will get back on it ASAP

Wow, that's fantastic!!! I'm blown away! To me it looks like the bottom is too sharp, and doesn't dip in far enough, but I'm probably just crazy lol. Absolutely stunning work!

Back
Top Bottom