is this laptop going to be good for gaming?

shadowscott

Solid State Member
Just bought this laptop from HP. I wont be doing a lot of gaming, but I do
have this game called World in Conflict and the requirements are really hard
to match. If this laptop can play it, it seems like i could play anything.
let me know if this is a good setup:

http://i43.tinypic.com/2pt1evm.jpg

For a laptop, it's a capable gamer. Should be able to handle most games on at least medium settings.

It should handle World in Conflict very well. The game's system requirements aren't very high:

# OS: Windows® XP, Windows Vista™ operating system
# CPU Single-core: 2. 0 GHz or faster (2. 2 GHz for Windows Vistaâ„¢)
# CPU Dual-core: Any Intel® or AMD®
# RAM: 1 GB (1.5 GB for Windows Vistaâ„¢)
# Hard Drive: 2.0 GB available hard drive space
# Video: 128 MB video RAM, DirectX® 9.0c compatible (GeForce® 4 MX, Radeon® 8500, 9200 not supported):D

To my knowledge, World in Conflict is a pretty demanding game. What other high-end games could my laptop also handle? Thanks

Hmm, I guess WiC isnt too demanding. I just don't know graphics cards too well, so I wasnt sure how this one was going to work.

I don't that HP would be all that suitable for gaming. Try the Dell XPS 1530 instead. Easily as affordable.

I don't that HP would be all that suitable for gaming. Try the Dell XPS 1530 instead. Easily as affordable.

Thanks for the imput, but if you read the first post, I wrote that I already bought the laptop. Its suitable for my needs and it only cost $953. And like I already mentioned, I wouldnt be doing any extreme gaming...

ATTENTION: If anyone has any games that are pretty fun that would run on this system (ex: CoD, DiRT, stuff like that), please let me know.

I'm sure you could run games CoD4, Fallout 3, FEAR. Mind you not at high settings though, but they should be playable at medium to low settings.

Here's a good site for you: Can You RUN It?

You select a game in the drop down list, and it analyzes your comp and shows you the results.

Back
Top Bottom