Car Thread!

I'm heading out to get the 5.0L and AOD tranny tomorrow. $25. Can't pass it up... It's out of an '89 Mercury Grand Marquis. Not a whole lot of power, 150hp and 250 ft/lbs I think. But with headers, decent intake, and maybe different heads, I should be able to break 200hp. I will do more to it over time too maybe. Might get a shift kit for the AOD too, they arent too expensive... I don't know the condition of the AOD, but I'm guessing it's not too bad, they are decent trannys, and are extremely common, in every V8 car from 85 on or so...

OMG don't even bother. It will have barely any more horse power than the engine you've got now and will just guzzle gas like nothing. I have an '88 5.0L in my truck (the original) and it sucks. It's a Chevy engine mind you but I doubt the Ford version will be much better.

The only engines worth modding are the 5.7L from that era.

No, 5.0L are just as popular with the modding crowd. Compared to my 4.0L, it's much more mod-able. I might re-build it, I'm not really sure. A lot of people recommend rebuilding it... That could get sort of expensive, but if I do it myself, it might not be too bad.

l_d9913c2ed87d4922a5ea070529e68ed8.jpg

l_1ecba0c47cf84e20929e118936ad3cf0.jpg

How I roll:
2865_188380060353_567020353_6771352.jpg

SDC10337.jpg

SDC10338.jpg

SDC10339.jpg

SDC10340.jpg

Got her in the garage! Came with everything! Can't wait to tear it all apart. I just need to set up something for it to sit on.

OMG don't even bother. It will have barely any more horse power than the engine you've got now and will just guzzle gas like nothing. I have an '88 5.0L in my truck (the original) and it sucks. It's a Chevy engine mind you but I doubt the Ford version will be much better.

The only engines worth modding are the 5.7L from that era.

Wow I was totally with ya till that last statement....:eek:

Did you forget about the 5.0 mustang GT engines????

Ugh... I need an engine stand... This beast is sitting on a tire now, lol, but it won't hang straight either. I still haven't taken the tranny off either. So far, I have only spent an hour or two on it, but I have gotten the A/C, Alternator, P/S pump, and almost got the smog pump off. Working on the water pump now too, broke one bolt inside though, haha, w/e though, I will fix that later. I think I need to get a chain made for lifting engines. I just have this gian 6' chain wrapped around things... I'm not sure what to hook it too though once all the accessory brackets are off, and when the tranny is removed, what to hook on in the back.

Back
Top Bottom