Mixing?

Im Mixing a song for a friend,he's recorded the Drums,Vocals,Bass And Guitar.

Whats the *BEST* Program to Mix all of them together?

Also i want something with a good range of effects so i can modify the tracks too :D

P.s I have already tried audacity and it's a great audio editor but not so good a mixing so dont recomend it :p

There's no *best* as it's a matter of opinion. Pro Tools, Logic and Ableton live are the three most popular. They all cost a pretty penny though.

There's no *best* as it's a matter of opinion. Pro Tools, Logic and Ableton live are the three most popular. They all cost a pretty penny though.

+1

Although Logic is for the Mac only.

I use Nuendo 3, Reaper or Sonar 8 Producer Edition and they all come with some pretty hot plugins too so you can create a masterpiece if you wish. I read an article about a mix engineer using Cubase - Same excellent audio engine as Nuendo - and converting some to use it. It's up to you which one but together with what DJ CHRIS suggested have a look at the three I use.

Heh, Cost... :p

Pro tools needs specific hardware to run, so it won't run on your normal creative x-fi or whatever soundcard.

Logic requires a mac to run as well.

And afaik, both pieces of software are ASIO only, so normal sound card's don't necessarily work, although some will with third party ASIO drivers.

Pro tools needs specific hardware to run, so it won't run on your normal creative x-fi or whatever soundcard.

Logic requires a mac to run as well.

And afaik, both pieces of software are ASIO only, so normal sound card's don't necessarily work, although some will with third party ASIO drivers.

Not only that I don't rate the Digidesign hardware you need to use with ProTools. M-Audio stuff is better, use it with Pro Tools if you want, and other DAW's too.

Back
Top Bottom