I Need Help With My Computer :s

probs...$1500?

yeh thats max

im a mad cheapo haha

ps i live in australia so its 1500 aud. im not sure what nationality these forums are

noone want to answer....?

i found a few really cheap ones on trading post, i might look into them..

It would be better for you to build one on your own. Anyone here would recommend that. What sites do you order computer parts from?

http://www.mrgadget.com.au/

i have no idea what to get, or where to begin. i don't think this is a very good idea :S

haha

you could try craigslist.org, there are a few cities listed and browsing through I saw a decent gaming computer listed in Melbourne (Tarneit), the listing is titled but is kind of old (April 3rd), if he still has it you may be able to talk him down on the price...

"Custom Intel Q6600 computer for sale - 22" 8800GT 320GB 3GB WiFi - $1200 (Tarneit)"...

i found a computer on tradingpost.com,,

these are the specs he listed:

22inch LCD, AMD 9950 Quad Core, Asus M3A Motherboard, Logitech MX Revolution Mouse, Netgear WG311 PCI Wireless card, Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard, Thermaltake Soprano VB Case, Western Digital 500GB SATA HDD, Liteon Dual Layer DVD-RW, 6GB DDR800 RAM, Logitech 2.1 Speakers, TV Tuner With Remote, Web Cam, Fan Controller, XFX 512MB 8800GT, Creative PCI-E Sound Card

Included Software:- Windows Vista Home Premium, World In Conflict, S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky, Company Of Heroes, Company Of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, Fallout 3, Crysis, Crysis: Warhead, Battlefield 2142: Deluxe Edition, Hitman 2, Hitman Contracts, Hitman Blood Money, Sins Of A Solar Empire, Praetorians, Medal Of Honor Airborne, Supreme Commander, Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance, Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Assasins Creed, Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars, Command & Conquer 3: Kanes Wrat and more.

Pre-installed with Anti-Virus, Office, Anti-Spyware.

TOTAL VALUE $3600+

so....he's selling that for $1,000 negotiable (about $722 USD)

is that worth the investment?

please respond :)

Honestly, that is a pretty decent value from my point of view. Thats a LOT of software that comes with it, and a monitor too. 2.6GHz processor isn't too bad considering its a significant upgrade from your old one. The graphics card should be able to do well but man! All that software. Only problem is, how long has it been used for? Are any of those games the ones you want to play? I know crysis will be on the top of your list but if not, you could build a little better and then just pick your own games without having a hugely cluttered Hard Drive; even though its 500gb :\

You really should build your own. It's much more...liberating? (if that's what I mean to say). ahh...prestigious. You'll feel better and you can spend any amount you please. All of us here at the forums would be more than willing to help you design a build for the amount of money you want to spend and match your performance expectations.

yeh, i think i've decided to build one from scratch. all i want to do is to be able to play the games i have on my current computer (fallout 3, crysis, gta iv, dead space, left 4 dead, etc.)
and i want to play them on high detail, not ultra-high, and to run as smooth as hell with no crashes.

also, i plan on installing multiple cd/dvd drives, like 2-3 drives, and in the other bay, possibly a blu-ray dvd burner? something really fast.

and heaps of memory as well.

here is a website of a computer store, this store is about a 5 minute WALK from my house, so i hope that there is some decent stuff avaliable.

the url is:

http://www.dcacomputers.com.au/

and a PRICE LIST:

http://www.dcacomputers.com.au/shop/images/pricelist/dcaplist.pdf

so, guys, first things first. can you find a case on this site that will look cool, and be suitable to install the things that i mentioned above?

also, if you could recommend a good motherboard, that will be able to hold a good graphics card, plently of memory aaaaaaannnnddd an intel or amd processor (IT'S UP TO YOU TO DECIDE WHICH WILL WORK BETTER WITH THE SYSTEM I'M TRYING TO BUILD)

thankyou so much, everyone. i hope this isn't too much to ask :)

oh yeh, i've changed my budget from 1500 to $1,000.

and i forgot to ask to choose the actual things, ie a good power supply, a processor, memory, graphics card, and multiple disk drives (+1 blu-ray dvd burner).

if someone could do this, i would praise you. seriously.

cheers

Good lord stuff is expensive in Australia. I found this site a while back and they seem to have very good prices, I-Tech.

For your perusal:

CPU - AMD PHENOM II 720
Motherboard - Asus M4A78T-E AM3, 790GX
Memory - Corsair 4GB (2x XMS3 2GB) PC-10600 (1333MHz) XMP DDR3 RAM
Hard Drive - Western Digital WD6400AACS GREEN POWER CAVIAR 640GB/ 7200RPM/ SATAII
Power Supply - OCZ STEALTHXSTREAM 600W PSU
DVD Burner - LG GH22-NS30 22 x Dual Layer
Case - NZXT APOLLO BLACK W BLUE LED
Monitor - Acer V193WB 19" 16:10 Widescreen LCD
Video Card - Galaxy Geforce GTX 260+ (216SP)

Total - $1,510.00 AUD including freight.

:D

Back
Top Bottom