Glad this wasn't me

PokerDegenerate

Daemon Poster
:eek:

Pros: ... good question, IDK yet ...

Cons: Bought this board, due to it's features and since I have had at least 4 other Asus Mobos with good results. Installed it went to boot up ... nothing ... after 45 or more of checking everything I eventually pulled the CPU (new AMD quad core 3.0 ghz) and found 2 pins bent .... now understand I have installed at least 20 cpus since I started messing with computers back in oh, about 84. I have never messed one up installing it! But, well "stuff" happens, so I went to re-install my old CPU (luckily compatible with the new mobo also) ... didn't get far, pulled the CPU off again, and found the same 2 pins bent! There is something wrong with the CPU socket! Now I had both a new mobo and a new cpu (that the new mobo messed up) to RMA. Newegg was very good about sending RMA approval, I sent thewm back 5 days ago, and haven't got notification they were recvd yet ... wish me luck! I won't "down the CPU or Newegg ... because it happens" ... shrug

Other Thoughts: Never had this happen before, I'm usually happy with my mobos (I have stuck with Epox, Abit, or Asus every time so far ...)
Manufacturer Response:Dear Valued Customer,

From your description, it seems like you are using an Phenom II X4 940 which is an AM2+ socket cpu. This board is an AM3 socket motherboard so can only support AM3 CPUs. Here are the list of supported CPUs on this model board:

Phenom IIX3 710
Phenom IIX3 720
Phenom IIX4 805
Phenom IIX4 810
Phenom IIX4 910
Phenom IIX4 925

For further technical support, please contact us at 1-812-282-2787 and reference case# NE343825.

Best Regards,

Ha.....wow.......

Never trust the reviews on Newegg.........

Of course it's not going to work when you try to put an incompatible cpu in.....

Ha.....wow.......

Never trust the reviews on Newegg.........

Of course it's not going to work when you try to put an incompatible cpu in.....

na you can trust them but only if the person has blue text above his comment saying he bought this item from newegg

na you can trust them but only if the person has blue text above his comment saying he bought this item from newegg

Oh no this guy bought it from newegg...:D:D And just cuz he bought it there doesn't mean he has a clue:confused:

LMAO the sad thing is that he wrote he is somewhat HIGH tech level and he titled it "Well, Ill write more when i get a GOOD one....LMFAO He actually gave it a 3 egg rating too oddly enough:D:D

HERE IS the link to the Reviews page it is on

Another sad thing Look up the only 1 egg review for this board as well....WTF is with ppl he is friggen crying cuz newegg doesnt sell AM3 CPU's even tho they offer every one of them available and then he cries about it not supporting ECC memory which is does and the worst part about it he doesn't even own the friggen board... Why are ppl so stupid in reviews....Get a life....ROFL

Oh no this guy bought it from newegg...:D:D And just cuz he bought it there doesn't mean he has a clue:confused:

LMAO the sad thing is that he wrote he is somewhat HIGH tech level and he titled it "Well, Ill write more when i get a GOOD one....LMFAO He actually gave it a 3 egg rating too oddly enough:D:D

HERE IS the link to the Reviews page it is on

Another sad thing Look up the only 1 egg review for this board as well....WTF is with ppl he is friggen crying cuz newegg doesnt sell AM3 CPU's even tho they offer every one of them available and then he cries about it not supporting ECC memory which is does and the worst part about it he doesn't even own the friggen board... Why are ppl so stupid in reviews....Get a life....ROFL

ya i didnt mean that if they have that up in blue text above their comment that they know a lot, just saying lol, to listen to those more than the ones without it

Yea, some people aren't too bright when it comes to these things. They need to pay a bit more attention when buying AM3 components.

Back
Top Bottom