Normal idle temp for aftermarket cooler?

Idle temps don't really matter as much as load temps do. You are well within safe temps for your chip.
This.

Idle temps mean nothing, unless they're in the 50s/60s.

EDIT: Will rep on recharge.

Never heard of AS5; When I first started building I went out and tested the waters on quite a few thermal compounds; I've yet to see anything outdo OCZ Freeze.

Never heard of AS5; When I first started building I went out and tested the waters on quite a few thermal compounds; I've yet to see anything outdo OCZ Freeze.

this is pretty shocking, though it is not the best (close to it) it is probably the most renowned thermal compound on the market...

this is pretty shocking, though it is not the best (close to it) it is probably the most renowned thermal compound on the market...

And therefore, I thought it was the best. Oh well, it's still pretty darned good though.

Mostly just on CF. Everyone just parroted that is was the best and nothing else could compare.

Mostly just on CF. Everyone just parroted that is was the best and nothing else could compare.

not just CF, 99% of the people that use something else still know what AS5 is, you would be hard pressed to go to any computer forum and find a non n00b who didn't know what AS5 was...

I meant everyone on CF used to think that it was the best and there was no other alternative. I didn't mean that nobody else knows about it.

Sorry for the confusion.

Just about all thermal compounds stay within a couple of degrees of the others. Sometimes it's just about what is cheaper. I only get a 3C difference using MX-2 and some Dynex paste I got at Best Buy.

just got some Shin-Etsu X23-7783D in the mail today, will replace the AS5 in my system when I get off work in the morning, this stuff is supposed to be very good...

Back
Top Bottom