Random Chit Chat

The performance difference isn't worth it for the price. Not in my opinion anyway. (I'm trying to keep it sub-$200)

Yeah that 940 is a steal at that price but the 955 is an AM3 so you would have to upgrade board and ram too...:( But I just want to give it a shot. I am in the process of debating whether or not I should just get it or not...But im thinkin i should just wait a lil longer for the price to drop of the DDR3 ram...:D:D

Yeah that 940 is a steal at that price but the 955 is an AM3 so you would have to upgrade board and ram too...:(
Not quite. The socket AM3 CPU is backwards compatible with most socket AM2+ motherboards. Some may need a BIOS update though. The AM3 processor's on-die memory controller supports both DDR2 and DDR3 memory. :D

Haha, yeah. They guy I bought it from had a cool shop I thought. Giant pole barn, and tons and tons of Chevy trucks(possibly why he didn't want a Ford engine...) Out side his shop there was at least like 40 trucks, all stripped of engines, and a lot had the rear axles or something taken out. Then in the shop he had like 3 or 4 engines, all V8s with headers sticking straight up. Something for durby he mentioned. I saw one lifted truck that had a number spray painted on the side of it too. So I'm not sure what he does with them all, but it looks fun, lol.

A car crash derby would be the only thing a chevy is good for.

Back
Top Bottom