The Bible use's emoticons.

So this thread was closed and then reopened wth is going on here

If everyone actually did what the bible said the world would be a much better place.

If everyone loved thy neighbor and treated others as we would like to be treated the world would be great

Thats a bit of a naive idea though isnt it everyone believeing in the same thing

If everyone actually did what the bible said the world would be a much better place.

Not trying to start something, just pointing out fact. We are talking about the same book that had Mose's army kill all men, children and non-virgins and rape all virgins when they took cities from the Mennonites as they wondered through the desert.

Many militaries would have a bad rep if that was standard practice.

What do you mean?

that its a bit naive to think the world would be a much better place if everyone just followed the same thing and was told what to do and what not to do by religion . Simply following a relgiion would not make all of the worlds problems suddenly dissapear

in fact if anything religion just makes even more problems in the world

and i mean why should the whole world follow the bible what about the Quran or the Torah or the Guru Granth sahib just to name a few

muz, I guess you disagree with this part of David's statement:

If everyone loved thy neighbor and treated others as we would like to be treated the world would be great

I believe that's a statement that even atheists can agree with.

that its a bit naive to think the world would be a much better place if everyone just followed the same thing and was told what to do and what not to do by religion . Simply following a relgiion would not make all of the worlds problems suddenly dissapear

in fact if anything religion just makes even more problems in the world

and i mean why should the whole world follow the bible what about the Quran or the Torah or the Guru Granth sahib just to name a few
Good post

muz, I guess you disagree with this part of David's statement:

I believe that's a statement that even atheists can agree with.

I dont so much disagrfee with it more then think that it is a completely unrealistic aim for the world , and slightly naive to think that everyone loving thir neighbour is how all of the worlds problems are going to get solved .On a small scale yes it can solve a lot of personal problems treating your friends and familly well but on a worldwide scale its completely unrealistic
So to sum it up i think its a great ideal but one which can never be achieved

Back
Top Bottom