Normal idle temp for aftermarket cooler?

akira282

In Runtime
After reading in another thread "New Gaming Rig" about the temperatures he was getting from a stock cooler I can't help but question my own. I have the coolermaster v8 and I get around 33-37c on Idle and on load in the 40s usually.

I used As5, did the line application and made sure to screw in the cooler in a diagonal-fashion.

So is this a normal idle temp? Is it high given the case, etc? What are other people getting with this similar setup? In hindsight, I would have used a better thermal paste as I now have learned of others, but honestly I'm not sure it's worth the hassle of taking out the motherboard, which is annoying as there is not a tray and the cooler has a backplate on it.

AS5 is a horrible thermal compound and you might of put on to much

AS5 is a horrible thermal compound...? I have no idea where you get your information but it's wrong, it's not the best, but that fact definitely doesn't make it horrible...

and no, there are no problems at all with those temps...

Idle temps don't really matter as much as load temps do. You are well within safe temps for your chip.

AS5 is a horrible thermal compound and you might of put on to much

yea agree with him, at first mine was running 50-55idle cuz it appeared i put alil too much, so I jus cleaned and reapplied again but; not as much as before and it def. dropped it by around 20ish

yea agree with him, at first mine was running 50-55idle cuz it appeared i put alil too much, so I jus cleaned and reapplied again but; not as much as before and it def. dropped it by around 20ish

20ish doesn't sound too horrible to me...

:confused:

Back
Top Bottom