Got my license!

culexor

Daemon Poster
I finally got my license yesterday! I'm about 8 months overdue, considering I got my Permit a month after I turned 16 (minimum age to get your permit is 15 in Missouri). Then I had to wait 6 months after getting my permit in order to get my license. Anyways, the test went pretty well. The lady who was observing me (or whatever you want to call it), was very pleasant and seemed to be in a good mood. I had to drive on mostly back roads, and then I had to do things like park on a hill, stop and back up in the middle of a street (I was like "what?" when she told me to do it), and show her that I knew where everything was in the car (blinkers, high-beams, low-beams, defroster, etc.) Then I had to parallel park, the part that everybody dreads most. The first time around, I ended up too far from the curb (about a foot lol) but the second time I nailed it. She didn't tell me how I scored, but she just said I passed. Well I told a friend of mine (he's a few years older than I am), and now he wants to sell me his car (I think it's really cool, it's a '98 VW GTI Lowerd, etc.) for $3000 ($3500-4000 with the supercharger he put in it, which I decided against). I'm really considering it, since that's the type of car I want and I know the car well (he gave me rides to school every day last year), and its cheaper than all the other places I've looked (vwvortex, thesamba, craigslist, etc.). Anyways, that's another story I thought I'd share with everyone. :)

Nice, congrats! I remember the feeling I got when I first got my drivers license some 13 or so years ago....lol

Haha, thanks. I walked out of the DMV with the biggest smirk on my face lol. It's nice to be able to drive myself around (if my mom isn't using the car, of course).

Haha, thanks. I walked out of the DMV with the biggest smirk on my face lol. It's nice to be able to drive myself around (if my mom isn't using the car, of course).
Oh yeah, you're on a high for a while. I was so excited the first time I drove somewhere by myself.

Oh yeah, you're on a high for a while. I was so excited the first time I drove somewhere by myself.
Haha yeah, I drove myself to get a shaved ice last night lol, I'll remember that forever considering the place I go has the BEST shaved ice ever (yes, there's a difference between shaved ice and a snow cone). :D

Sounds like fun.

I'm probably gonna be stuck taking the test in my mom's minivan... not bad, except its a really tight car and sometimes I accidentally gun it from a stop because I'm used to driving our truck. And then my sister's car is so loose you can literally turn the wheel 20° in either direction while going straight. And the throttle and brakes are really loose. In fact, I almost bottomed out the master cylinder trying to slow down on a big up hill to railroad tracks.

But parallel parking with the truck (in Ohio we do a maneuverability test which is parallel parking without cars there) is a PITA.. espeically beacuse it is about 2' longer than the minivans.

Congratulations!
th_smiley_abyt.gif

Sounds like fun.

I'm probably gonna be stuck taking the test in my mom's minivan... not bad, except its a really tight car and sometimes I accidentally gun it from a stop because I'm used to driving our truck. And then my sister's car is so loose you can literally turn the wheel 20° in either direction while going straight. And the throttle and brakes are really loose. In fact, I almost bottomed out the master cylinder trying to slow down on a big up hill to railroad tracks.

But parallel parking with the truck (in Ohio we do a maneuverability test which is parallel parking without cars there) is a PITA.. espeically beacuse it is about 2' longer than the minivans.
Just practice more in the minivan. I took my road test in one, it's not bad once you're used to it.

Anyway, congrats!

Sounds like fun.

Yeah, I can't parallel park in my mom's minivan, but my dad's Volvo S60 is super easy to maneuver....and yes, the spot they give you to parallel park (they use cones, not cars) is massive in the Volvo, but the Van would be a tight fit.

Back
Top Bottom