wrist strap thing

rorschachzzx

Baseband Member
ok i got a new vid card and powersupply all the videos on how 2 do swap them say i need a static wrist strap or something do i have 2 have it or have any of you done it without it?

You really don't need one of those. Just make sure your arm is touching the edges of the case and you'll be fine.

They have to have that on videos to make sure they can't be sued.

I tend to just run to and throu to a radiator, and make sure the case is plugged in and earthed. Can't be too careful.

As long as you use some common sense, you should be fine.

I've even changed components on a carpet, which is meant to build up static... I've never had a fried part.

i cant keep my stuff plugged in though i gotta change the power supply and ill most like touch metal and people first 2 make sure i got no static and itll probably be done on a w/e those fake tile floors. i think itll be fine ive already touched everything in my computer while its on anyways

Just touch something metal and you'll be fine. I've built whole computers without wearing a wrist strap, everything was fine. Just make sure you aren't walking around dragging your feet on the carpet....lol

would wearing no shoes and socks and being on the ground make me ground'd you think?

Just touch something metal and you'll be fine. I've built whole computers without wearing a wrist strap, everything was fine. Just make sure you aren't walking around dragging your feet on the carpet....lol
such as idk just put metal on me what if i have something that is just metal just put it around my wrist lol?

In my 18 years of experience working on computers, I've never used an anti-static wrist strap. I never once ruined a component from static shock. I've built them on floors, beds, you name it.

In my 18 years of experience working on computers, I've never used an anti-static wrist strap. I never once ruined a component from static shock. I've built them on floors, beds, you name it.

well just 2 be safe i have copper wire i can put on my wrist and on my pc will that help or? just not worry about it

Just don't worry about it. But to help settle your mind, touch the case before touching anything inside. That will help discharge any latent static and "ground" you to the case. :D

Back
Top Bottom