So Gigabyte sent me something to test... here are the teaser pics.

an0nym0us1

In Runtime
So everyone's thinking about i7 and I've been reluctant to upgrade because i have so much 775 stuff. I talked to my connect at Gigabyte and told him I had a 45nm quad to mess with and asked if he had any boards I could use for Crossfire/single nvidia card testing with the GTX 260 he gave me. He told me he would send me the be all end all of P45 chipset motherboards. I didn't expect anything other than a UD series board, but this thing came in...

nice packaging
IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

pretty good looking board with all heatpipes that go from the mosfets to the northbridge which is water ready, and down the the southbridge.
IMG_1561.jpg

heatpipe cooler for an air solution if you don't want to run water, the beauty of this is that it doesn't require removal of the waterblock.
IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

the base of the heatpipe northbridge air cooler.
IMG_1562.jpg

i hope it does well, here's what's going with it when i have time tomorrow...

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 2.66ghz
G.Skill 2GBHZ D9 DDR2 800
Gigabyte GA-EP45-EXTREME
Gigabyte GTX 260 or 2x HD3870's in CF, i got a pair of visionteks for a good deal
Seasonic M12 700w PSU
WD Velociraptor 300gb x2 in RAID 0

hopefully i can clock that quad up to 4.2+, if not i might have to buy some DDR2 1066. stay tuned,

lucky punk :D
looks really nice, I'm assuming that you are having it water cooled?

I've seen a couple of pics of that board or a similar one, all that copper is ridiculous lol.

that looks sick!!
Question, i don't understand where that slot heatsink goes? could u take a pick of it mounted??!

I wish I had a friend who gave me a GTX 260 and a EP45-DS3R board...:(

But man that is one sexy looking Board.... Dont forget to keep us updated...:D:D

I've seen a couple of pics of that board or a similar one, all that copper is ridiculous lol.

it's definitely ridiculous alright, but rediculous copper usually means cooler NB and mosfets and that means a higher clock without the board being the bottleneck. i've already hit 4.68 with an E8400 on an EP45-DS3R and ran a 9.968s SuperPi 1M, i know i won't beat that with this quad, but the purpose of this system is to fold.

that looks sick!!
Question, i don't understand where that slot heatsink goes? could u take a pick of it mounted??!

i will when i'm ready to take down all these machines and give them heart transplants (Q8300 coming in)

I wish I had a friend who gave me a GTX 260 and a EP45-DS3R board...:(

But man that is one sexy looking Board.... Dont forget to keep us updated...:D:D

i work for every bit of hardware that i get. everytime someone sees my reviews on my home forum (houston-imports.com) i end up building a computer with gigabyte parts. they get their customer, and review, i get my part. that's how it works for me. plus it doesn't hurt to know the head of marketing and VGA over there. aside from being the president of the Houston-Imports.com Counter-Strike:Source clan as well.

nice man!

thanks bro, i hope it puts out some numbers man.

Back
Top Bottom