Can you run 2 modems under 1 charge? [road runner]

Dizzy

Baseband Member
This is what I had setup about a month ago and was told by 5 different Time Warner workers that I would not be charged for an entire new internet service. I got my bill last night, and what do you know? I'm charged with two internet services, when I made SURE that I wasn't going to be charged for two internet services for running two modems. They all said that I'll just be charged $5 extra a month to rent the modem. So I called up and they said with the 2nd modem I'll be charged another $50 for a Road Runners Turbo, exactly the opposite of what they were saying before I had it setup. And what the last guy told me didn't make any sense at all, he said if I return one of the modems, then go out an buy my own modem and connect it to the cable that Time Warner's modem was connected to, I won't have that extra $50 charge a month. I know you can go the wireless route, but I'm not too fond of wireless internet for my main computers. [Also, the computers are atleast 100 feet away from eachother with many of walls between them, that's another reason I wanted to go with 2 modems.] Someone please inform me of what I can do. I'm planning on going to Time Warner's office on Friday and I need to know exactly what I should go in there and tell 'em. Thanks.

You should be charged for two services since you should be issued two separate IP address's. If you are using two modems to connect two networks or computers to the internet your should use a router and configure the router to keep the networks separate and to connect to the modem to the internet.

So then basically there's no way to run two modems through 1 internet service bill?

Not that i know of. If you have a modem/router, which most broadband modems are you could use the second one as a router only and link it to the other modem with one outgoing connection to the internet and set the default gateway to that router for all of your equiptment.

Back
Top Bottom