Pirate bay founders sent to jail...and hefty bill

AMEN

You hear about PB's plans a couple years ago to buy an island or an oil rig and use it to set up an independent nation to house their servers in. To avoid legislation? Brilliant

thats kinda cool that there so commited.. i almost feel bad for movie and pc software companies

I almost do as well. But i've bought ten times as much stuff as i've torrented. Easily. So whilst i don't do it with a clear conscious, i don't feel terrible.

AMEN

You hear about PB's plans a couple years ago to buy an island or an oil rig and use it to set up an independent nation to house their servers in. To avoid legislation? Brilliant

that would have been so costly for them though

They raised twenty grand simply from the rumour that they would try it. A full pledge amongst their twenty five million users and they'd have the cash in no time. I'd certainly help them out.

Yer but we are talkin unimaginable costs to actually implement this , i mean think what they would need it wouldnt just be a one off implementation cost it would require a constand cash flow to keep it running
to connect this island/rig to a high speed network connection
to have regular journeys back to mainland to get supplies etc
get electricity out there to run their server set ups
set up the data center

and besides which the thing they wanted to buy now sits in british waters and there are several other legal issues with it

Back
Top Bottom