What are some good "home" workouts?

I used to go to the gym. I have a membership to my university's gym and I went for a solid 6 months 3 times a week but that ended up being reduced to sporadic workouts for the following year until I stopped going all together. I wasn't seeing enough results. I was even taking protein powder and the whole bit. I read enough information on websites and observed other people at the gym who looked like they knew what they were doing (and had the muscle to prove it) that I think my form and weights used were ok.

Then I switched to more natural exercises done at home and I have experienced a noticeable increase in strength and to a lesser degree in size. I don't know what it is but lifting free weights wasn't working for me. I still do benchpresses as I have a bench press at home though. I hate taking the weight off it and I don't have enough extra plates to make a heavy enough dumbbell (nevermind 2 of them). Maybe I will have to break down and buy some so I can work them into my workouts to see again if it will help.

I'm kinda thinking maybe now that I have developed muscle through weightless exercises that free weights might serve me better? The reason this topic came up for me to ask is that I have also reached plateau in working out at home and thought maybe to learn some new exercises will help me out.

I should do D. All of the above..

I have gained like 20 pounds in like.... 6 months.

Most likely you need to do a little muscle confusion. You know how you get a flu shot from the doctor? It's a weakened form of the virus, because your body will know what to do when it gets the real thing. The body is ready for it. It's basically the same with weights, you do the same exercise all the time, it won't rip your muscles anymore. You need to switch things up. And when you bring the weight down, on anything, bring it down twice as slow as you bring it up. You will feel it the next day for sure.
Remember, No Pain, No Gain.

Go watch Jack Black's 'Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny.' Its funny.
LOL, I know what they are, I was continuing with the dialogue.

You: Do some cock pushups

Me: What are cock pushups?

You: Cock pushups? Thats where you lay down and you let your boner lift you off the ground.

You must have never been on Ebaumsworld and listened to any of the Jack Black soundboard prank calls.

okay for a great ab workout..start doing pulattes...i know it sounds gay, but its one hell of a workout...buy the dvd or something.

Yup, burns calories just like everything else.

Remember, folks, that your body is burning calories all the time. Even when asleep.

the couple of ounces weren't weight, they were fluid ounces.

/me gets coat

Back
Top Bottom