Video cards

I just Nvidia and Intel could make a combined P45 type chipset that could support SLI for the Core 216 video cards. That would be awesome. SLI'ed Core 216's with a Core 2 Duo E8500, 4 Gigs of DDR2 1066, and a velociraptor drive and you would have a monster of a PC.

not really a monster lol, a somewhat medium monster, but not a monster.

Kaoyaku, Like worhsipme said, In order to give you the best advice possible, we need to know what resolution//size monitor youre using, ram amount and yes the games you play. Some are more CPU intense and others are more GPU intense.. With that being said both of these can be hindered by playing the game on certain screen resolutions.

As far as the best cards within that price range, I'm really getting fond of the ATI Radeon 4870 1GB. You can also purchase a GTX 260 core 216 which is just studly but equal to the ATI. Really, im sure a 4850 wouldn't be too bad or a 9800GTX but in all honesty, I'd go with the 4870 or the GTX 260.

EDIT: The reason im even recommending the two cards I do is because I know I'd feel extremely happy with my money spent on either one. Its just with my current set-up I've got to figure out which one works for my individual basis.

I guess you haven't heard I'm the one that recommends the Core 216 around these forums....

I'll let it slide this time. :rolleyes:

lol ya i should have said all credit goes to you cause i remember viewing an earlier post from you with that exact same card, sorry :p

lol ya i should have said all credit goes to you cause i remember viewing an earlier post from you with that exact same card, sorry :p

Haha, it's cool. I was just messing with you. I'm a huge Core 216 fanboy. I still remember getting it for the first time. I still think the 4870 is a great card. But, for the current price of the Core 216, it just can't be beat.

Thanks everyone i went with the Core 216.

You won't be disappointed.

good choice, for the price, that card is really nice, i remember about 5-6 months ago it was about $300

I bought mine for $250 and now they are about $160+, haha.

You won't be disappointed with the GTX 260 core 216.

Is anybody?

Back
Top Bottom