What are some good "home" workouts?

Go and play golf for all 18 holes. That is what I do three or four times a week, and I am loosing weight already.

I usually go to Gold's Gym, but once in a while I stay home and do the P90X workout. It will make you sore for a long, long time.

Tenacious D is hilarious.

Back on topic. Where you trying to get this work out? Entire body? Upper body? Legs? One thing that I do, which may sound childish and dumb, is that every stairs I climb I do it fast. Whenever I'm walking to my room from the living room, I jump as high as I can and tap the wall above the passage to the hallway. Works your legs wonders, especially since I do it A LOT. I've gotten like 3-4in on my vertical from this. I do some stuff in the shower too...like calf raises. Actually, that's the only thing I do. Get one of those workout balls to do some abs. You really can't go very far with upper body if you don't have some sort of weights other than your body. I recommend you get a curl bar. Probably the most useful for home workout. You can work tricepts and bicepts very well with it. For chest you can do push-ups. If you elevate your legs on a ball or a couch or something you can shift more weight onto your arms. You could also have someone lay books and stuff on your back to add weight. You can try buying one of those weight jackets too. You know best your environment. Get creative and see what kind of work outs you can find around your house.

If you can get up to 200+ pushups a day, in sets of like 60-80 at a time, your tricep will be pretty good size, and toned. Dips are good too. If you want to go for looks, triceps are what fill out your sleeves.
The reason I recommend forearm curls, when you do regular bicep curls, it can hurt the forearm, but for me, it seems having stronger forearms helps keep it from hurting somewhat. With all exercises, it helps to hold the weight steadier.
Sometimes I try and do a barbell curl with 120 lbs or so, and I can curl it, but it hurts my wrists so much I have to drop it.

Back
Top Bottom