Pirate bay founders sent to jail...and hefty bill

That sucks, but if TPB does end up getting shut down you can bet there will be at least 5 more in it's place.

TPB FTMFW!

yeah it sucks because the majority of the stuff posted there was NOT posted by them..there just the founders.

They werent being prosecuted for posting the stuff there. they where being prosecuted for assisting people to violate copyright laws .

However this was a test case so when it goes to appeal there is a high probability that the decision will be overuled and they will be innocent .In fact that being said under swedish law they are not even guilty yet as the verdict in not final until all appeals are dealt with and so they will not be imprisioned till after the appeal

does that mean the website is going to shut down?

The owners have said that they will continue to run the site from the server space they've bought all over the world over the last few years. Almost as if they were expecting to get nicked?

Of course they where expecting one day someone would decide to take legal action against them , they understand that what they do is a contraversial topic and on the borders of legality hence why they do have a network of backups all over the world.Besides which it means nothing even if they are found guilty and convicted this does not mean they will not be allowed to run the website from another country , hell they could even run the servers in sweden still and invite the swedish government to try them again i mean it did take 3 years since the police raid for them to be brought to trial

They cleaim that they cant and they wont ? I do partly believe the claim of they cant seeing as the record labels and others seem to think the owners had been making millions off dollars off this venture when in reality i dont think they where making that much if anything
and what do you mean they got what they deserved ? in my eyes they should not have been found guilty of what they where charged with

Back
Top Bottom