new parts = problem

You put new parts in, windows will not boot because of it. You shouldve backed up your info before upgrading your PC

You put new parts in, windows will not boot because of it. You shouldve backed up your info before upgrading your PC

I couldn't because the old mobo died...

I'll try the safe mode part, thanks!

well the repair and safe mode options didn't work, so I decided to take the leap/dive and do a format and re-install of windows.

Noticed with the last few reboots that before it got to windows splash screen it was saying...

Secondary Slave Hard Disk Error

Guessing that's one of my IDE drives...at least I'm guessing at this point. I should know more once i get into windows. I disconnected and reconnected all the drives - IDE and SATA, but same error. I didn't try and disconnecting the IDE slave yet and see if the error still occurs or not.

UGH the problems continue. Successfully installed windows, but now after a fresh install it just sits at the windows log/splash screen. Been sitting there for 15+mins now.
:(

the whole no video thing you first stated...I have had this problem many times with different computers, usually I just take out what I put in and redo it carefully. I doubt its a harddrive problem, but sometimes you need to reinstall the OS if you add a lot of new parts,which you have done. Put back your old stuff if you still have it, then backup your stuff and reinstall windows on the new hardware. This may help. Although in some cases i seriously have just shut my computer off for a few hours and when I restarted it, it worked.. idk though. Give it a shot

well I disconnected the slave IDE drive and didn't get the error so I guess the slave drive is bad. :(
The jumper settings I never changed from before...I believe it's set on CS.

plugged the secondary HDD back in and I can hear a slight "ping"/"click" from it on boot up at bios, then it takes forever to boot into windows. Unplugging the drive and it fires into windows very quickly. Guessing that drive is toast.

Other then that I love the new parts ;-) shame I lost a drive in the process.

Now on to pricing out the core i7!

Back
Top Bottom