Processor Choice

i thought that intel said that 6-8 cores on a die decreases performance because of lack of memory bandwith (or something) and way too much heat.. but i guess there pursing mainstream double socket motherboards to achieve 8 cores

you cant put 8 cores on one die without severe performance decreases. even 6 core is pretty much impossible without a huge ass L2 cache, i mean look at intels quad core, they have 12mb cache on there quads. imagine how expensive it would be to accomidate the cache for 2 more cores? dual socket makes alot more sense, and much more marketable

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-skulltrail-part-3,1770.html

Yeah the system fails. but intel will build on it

PII 940 or..
the triple core 920...

But seriously...
...at this point I would say Quad Core although I am reluctant to recommend the C2Q. I think that if you're getting a whole new build just spend some more on the cheaper i7 and make it last you longer. Although differences between the i7 and the C2Q are little to none right now, I can guarantee you programmers are already looking for a way to fully utilize the capabilities of the i7. However, if the money really is a factor, you have pretty much no choice but to go with the C2Q.

And AR, AMD does RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom