Car Thread!

I really wish I had a manual... would be fun.

Anyway, car story for the day... I made all kinds of goofy mistakes... First, our old oil filter remover thing stripped... it was a 3/8" socket. I was going to just run to AA and buy a new one, but my dad convinced me to file it out instead. So I spent 30 minutes filing it out to 1/2" and that worked fine then. But I was tightening instead of loosening I guess... Reverse threaded maybe. But I ended up crushing the oil filter a bit before I reversed it and took it off... Then after getting it all drained, and putting the plug back in, I put the new filter on, and filled up on oil. Turned the truck on, back out to clean up some drips... Get out, look at the ground... And I guess the filter wasn't on quite tight enough... 2 qaurts of my new oil was all over the driveway... It was expensive oil too... Like $20 for a gallon... I tightened the filter, refilled, and it was all good then. Soap, water, scrubbing and Simple Green took care of the mess...

Anyway, it's all good now. I took it for a dusty ride down my gravel road to dry up all the oil that spewed all over my I-Beam.

Those with older cars, pre-2000, might be interested in this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjgkqjyg-2U

5 cent 50 horsepower fix. I was going to do it too mine, but mine is still good I guess. Thought there was some slack, but I guess not.

Oh, and I am ordering new shocks, so I am pretty excited for that. My current ones are too short, so this will make my ride so much nicer.

Those with older cars, pre-2000, might be interested in this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjgkqjyg-2U

5 cent 50 horsepower fix. I was going to do it too mine, but mine is still good I guess. Thought there was some slack, but I guess not.

Is that ok to do? I have visions of putting too much strain on the cable and having it snap when I stomp on the gas pedal.

Im going to check my throttle body again either way. I thought it was ok last time I was working on my truck because I had some fuel issues but i didnt see if it was wide open when the pedal is all the way down.

But I love my clutch! :D

I HATE The clutch! Im Learning in a Manual but i want to learn in an automatic.Although im told that once i master the clutch,they are better to drive then an auto.

Though once i get my License (I Have my Learners permit at the moment) i wanna get a '05 Suzuki Swift Hatch S :D

Is that ok to do? I have visions of putting too much strain on the cable and having it snap when I stomp on the gas pedal.

Im going to check my throttle body again either way. I thought it was ok last time I was working on my truck because I had some fuel issues but i didnt see if it was wide open when the pedal is all the way down.
Yeah, it's safe. It's a steel braided cable, so it can stretch out a bit, but I think the plastic zip ties will break first. I checked my TB and it opens all the way already... mine is a '96 ford too, but I guess mine didn't stretch out.

Found a steal on craigslist!! $50 for a 5.0 EFI engine and tranny out of an '89 Ford. Still trying to find more details, but so far it seems good to me. And he claims it ran fine with no knocks or anything before it was pulled. Just need to find out if it includes EFI stuff. If so, I will pick it up friday. $50, I don't think my parents will mind... I will get it all prepped before dropping it in my truck this summer too, and it will be sweet!

If it was me I wouldn't care if my parents said yes or no, at least if it runs fine.

Anyway, I took my projectors and HID's out and put my stock headlights back in. I don't really like the way the projectors look

Now it looks like this again.

IMG_3168.jpg

Yeah, haven't heard back from the guy yet though. Hopefully he will email back today. I have another deal on a carb'd engine and T-5 5 speed tranny for $300. Carb would be easier, and it's a HO engine, but it's a decent chunk more money...

If it was me I wouldn't care if my parents said yes or no, at least if it runs fine.

Anyway, I took my projectors and HID's out and put my stock headlights back in. I don't really like the way the projectors look

Now it looks like this again.

IMG_3168.jpg

Yeah, shame how most of the projectors out there look like crap. Thank goodness DEPO's E36 Euro projectors aren't like that.

Your car does look better with the stock headlights. Maybe put HID bulbs in it? Not REAL HID bulbs of course, just the super bright bulbs that fit into the standard headlights.

Still looks ricer though. :p

Back
Top Bottom