Random Chit Chat

But another question arises in my mind if you where this way incline as to not drink or take drugs why wuold you be going to a party where you knew people would be partaking in those activities because i know i wouldnt go to a party if i knew there was going to be drugs
Neither would my son.

Also you say your farther smoked why did you make that choice it was most liely a subcouncious choice seeing the effects it had on him made you not want to as i already said. Once you see the negative effects of something its easier to justify to yourself your reasons for not doing it and so reducing the ammount of will power you would require to avoid doing it
Not willpower, I just find it disgusting is all. I really don't see anything to enjoy about it. I tried a cigarette once. I'd just as soon climb in the fireplace and eat the ashes then smoke.

Let's say you walk into your friend's party and everybody is smoking pot and drinking beer. According to Lowndsey, it would be harder for him take a toke and drink a couple of beers and stop than do nothing at all.

correct. Glad to see you learning. There is hope for you yet. :D

Neither would my son.

Not willpower, I just find it disgusting is all. I really don't see anything to enjoy about it. I tried a cigarette once. I'd just as soon climb in the fireplace and eat the ashes then smoke.
Well then how do you know his will power has ever been tested if he wouldnt put himself in that situation

and if you see the negative effects of something you arent goint to do it ,Takes away the need for will power to not do it thats what i was getting at thats like how the whole idea of showing shock photographs to people who speed or dont wear a seat belt in the car works
I agree however there is nothing to enjoy about smoking but unfortunatley people get hooked on their habbit

His "will power" been tested before and he knows better to not get himself into those types of situations. We've had long conversations on this and have taught him that it's OK to say I'm sorry, but I have to leave. If his friends have a problem with that, then they must not be very good friends.

We were shown all those pics in drivers ed at school. In fact, my favorite part of the Highway Patrol magazines were those pics they put in the back. I used to street race and the only reason I wear a seat belt is because it's against the law not to and you can get pulled over specifically for not wearing one.

I agree the key to success with this would be having good understanding friends i know if i said i didnt want to do something to my friends i would expect them to understand that and respect my choice

well what you said in post 1583 must be true then lol :D seeing those pics would make most people stop

This is the point where it would be epically hilarious to found out that your son has been drinking and doing drugs this entire time. Teenagers can be pretty good at hiding these things you know.

It just bothers me how you're continually telling us what you "know" your son is or isn't doing and how he feels. Is he really that honest with you? But ok, say that he is telling the truth...I have seen so many people who have never drank and never done drugs ended up going absolutely crazy with it once they leave home and are free from the rules and guilt that parents create. I hope your son has as much "wil power" as you claim.

Hopefully i never become a drunk lol.... It kinda runs in my dad's side of the family... They LOVE the wine and beer lol sometimes Brandy

but i do know what it does to you sadly that and weed

It's not that bad to drink. I remember something in health class about a small dosage on a weekly or daily basis (I can't recall correctly, probably weekly) can do you some good.

This is the point where it would be epically hilarious to found out that your son has been drinking and doing drugs this entire time. Teenagers can be pretty good at hiding these things you know.
I know all the tricks. I used them when I was a kid. :p

It just bothers me how you're continually telling us what you "know" your son is or isn't doing and how he feels. Is he really that honest with you? But ok, say that he is telling the truth...I have seen so many people who have never drank and never done drugs ended up going absolutely crazy with it once they leave home and are free from the rules and guilt that parents create. I hope your son has as much "wil power" as you claim.
I'm sorry that bothers you.

We have a great relationship with our boys and they are free to talk about anything that's bothering them.

Back
Top Bottom