Random Chit Chat

Thank you.
Considering the crowd he hangs out with, I'd say that was a great accomplishment for him.

What has he actually accomplished though really? Is it a proof of willpower? Personally i think it takes more willpower to go out with your friends and have 2 or 3 drinks and then stop than it does to have none.

I'm 17 and I have to say it is very hard to go out and have only a couple of drinks. I've never gotten wasted and I'm glad that I'm responsible enough to drink maybe 1 or 2 tops. I don't know why they make it such a big deal.

Depends on the drug i suppose ? Lets talk about the main drug taken by this age group of people which is cannabis or weed whatever it is you call it

in some cases people do that drug for the wrong reasons again , I dont myself take it however i know people who take cannabis to gain the same effects i do from alcohol a relaxed feeling but i also know some people who take it because its the in thing to do or because being high is cool these people are abusers and not users and this is not just in the underage catagory there are abusers ? . If somebody wishes to have a calming spliff behing closed doors at the end of a hard day how are they being stupid they are doing it for legitimate reason to calm down and as long as they dont to it to excess the health effects are negligible in most cases the effects on society are less severe than alcohol , you rarely here of two people who are stoned fighting with each other in the street and that is because its a relaxant and from what ive heard you wouldnt have the energy to fight someone but then i do advocate the legalisation and taxation of it along with many other activities which are currently illegal .

As for other drugs well yes people who do other drugs are stupid but the majority of people this age take cannabis if they do any drug i know of nobody my age who has tried other drugs

and there is nothing cool about being the designated driver for the night forever

What has he actually accomplished though really? Is it a proof of willpower? Personally i think it takes more willpower to go out with your friends and have 2 or 3 drinks and then stop than it does to have none.
I think it would be harder to not drink or do drugs at all if all your friends were doing it.

depends to what extent your friends are doing it? , like if i had seen all my friends just getting drunk and throwing up in the gutter i would have avoided it like the plague or if i had seen all my friends just getting overly stoned or overly high ondruggs and doing stupid crap or getting arrested i would want to avoid that sort of thing

just like both my parents smoke and i see the effect it has on their health so i avoid it always have done always will do even though you would have through being around smokers would have made me more likely to smoke

It also depends if he has decent friends or not , if his friends arent decent then they will keep trying to push the issue and make him drink or do drugs however if they are decent friends they would respect his choice and even try to follow suit to make it easier for him

Wow, you like to propose extremes.

Let's say you walk into your friend's party and everybody is smoking pot and drinking beer. According to Lowndsey, it would be harder for him take a toke and drink a couple of beers and stop than do nothing at all.

My father was a heavy smoker. Went through 5 or 6 packs of unfiltered Camels a day. I don't smoke, never had the urge to.

This isn't "random chit chat" anymore. . .

I think we hijacked the thread.
jacked.gif

Wow, you like to propose extremes.

Let's say you walk into your friend's party and everybody is smoking pot and drinking beer. According to Lowndsey, it would be harder for him take a toke and drink a couple of beers and stop than do nothing at all.

My father was a heavy smoker. Went through 5 or 6 packs of unfiltered Camels a day. I don't smoke, never had the urge to.

Thats because in my age group i see many people drinking to the extremes more so than other age groups and its a mian problem , and you where suggesting that he had a bad grop of friends so yes i did imidiatley presume the extremest case

However as Joga said it is harder to acheieve moderation once you have started drinking you may set out with the intention of having a few beers or a few spliffs but one thing soon leads to another and before you know it youve lost count of the number of beers you have had . And once you start drinking everyone thinks your part of the party so will carry on bombarding you with alcohol,drugs whereas if you are clear from the start you are having none assuming you are in semi decent company they should leave it be .

But another question arises in my mind if you where this way incline as to not drink or take drugs why wuold you be going to a party where you knew people would be partaking in those activities because i know i wouldnt go to a party if i knew there was going to be drugs

Also you say your farther smoked why did you make that choice it was most liely a subcouncious choice seeing the effects it had on him made you not want to as i already said. Once you see the negative effects of something its easier to justify to yourself your reasons for not doing it and so reducing the ammount of will power you would require to avoid doing it

Back
Top Bottom