Random Chit Chat

I'm not trying to glamourise or encourage under age drinking. But i have to object to you making broad sweeping statements against people because of their life style choices.

He's 19 now. He's been considered "straightedge" since early high school. But then, that term has only been around for that long too.

He's 19 now. He's been considered "straightedge" since early high school. But then, that term has only been around for that long too.

Well over there in the good ol USA the legal aid for drink is 21 however over here its only 18 so would you also say that people in europe who drink at 18 are stupid ?
And i think its a sweeping stement like tom said to say everyone who drinks under the legal age is stupid , sure there will be people who abuse it a hell of a lot but i would be considered underage in the USA and i have never passed out through drinking too much alcohol nor have i ever been sick , The main problem with underage drinkers is that they do not know their limits and they are drinking for the wrong reason , I drink because i enoy the taste of what i drink and because it makes me a bit more sociable and chilled out after a long day doing work etc however most people my age drink just because its the "IN" thing to do and everyone else is drinking so they have to do it and i dont agree with drinking for that reason
Just to put this into perspective, we are talking about underage kids.
Well i agree the only place i would like to see underage kids drinking is at home under there parents supervision until they get to at least 18 then in this country its legal for them to get there own anyway but if im ever a parent once my child gets to a reasonable age if they ask me if they can have a beer then i would much rather i know what they are drinking and how much they are drinking etc thats how it worked in my house and i dont have a problem with alcohol at all i am able to know my limits and dont drink too much . I have however seen people who have had the strictest parents ever who at any oppertunity will drink themselves stupid and end up passing out or throwing up all over the place whcih isnt nice for anybody

Being straightedge is a personal choice but to say everyone else who isnt is stupid is akin to religious people trying to force there beliefs on you which is something i dont like

Back
Top Bottom