Your Top 5

yes, especially with all this fuel efficiency crap going on now, autos are sucking because the torque converters (the "clutch" in an automatic) is designed to allow the engine to idle at a lower speed. This means that under heavy acceleration it will slip more and not accelerate as well. The faster the engine RPMS, the less slippage.

I've been telling my mom to go buy a used stick shift so I can learn stick. She probably will not, but luckily my friends drive stick so I'll just get one of them to teach me when I get my license.

i dont see in america why learning to drive a manual car is such a big deal over here like 99% of people learn to drive a manual when they learn to drive , in fact if you learn and take your test in an automatic then you cant legally drive a manual car i can drive manual its not difficult

Because America is full of a bunch of dumb ignorant lazy people. I remember when my dad bought a sedan I said he should get a stick shift and it was an issue because then he couldn't talk on his phone if he needed to when driving (I don't see how you can do that anyways), and it would have cost him more for a stick shift.

And then hen we bought the truck, the stick shift sucked a bit because it was a longer shaft with a good bit of play, and then you lost a seat (which we don't use anyways because there is a big honking transfer case knob in the floor there anyways)

I wish manual was still standard here, because it really is a superior way to drive.

over time it can actually be chheaper to use a manual transmission seeing as you change up earlier and save fuel
however as for using your mobile whilst driving well that is illegal over here anway, you get caught you get a fine and points on your licence
you also have a greater deal of control over your car if its manual

Well duh! That shifter is taking up perfectly good real estate for more cup holders and a place to set your Big Mac down while you munch on some fries. Why wouldn't they remove it??

funny thing is where there would be a shifter in all of out cars the only person who would be affected is my mom because she always has to pull out a cup holder from the dash to hold her phone (everyone else uses their pockets, she feels a need to talk and drive or text and drive), and then put her purse there as well... its funny because she bitches about it going under her feet in the truck when the center armrest is down... I tell her to put it around the t-case control and push it to the right, and she never does and bitches every time.

Then she tries to put the arm rest up, which then tangles all the load straps, and then when my brother is in back he wants to open the top that holds the load straps to hold his DVD player, and that creates an even bigger mess.

But other than my mom freaking about not having a purse storage location (she now buckles it in the seat next to her....) in the two minivans there is room for a stick there that isn't in the way, and with the truck you aren't gonna get a person in there anyways because of the t-case control, and there are two cup holders on the floor.

1. Bentley Arnage
2. Dodge viper
3. Dodge charger
4. Ferarri F40
5. Mercelargo or how ever your spell it!

1) Aston Martin DB9
2) Ferrari F430
3) Bugatti Veyron
4) Audi R8
5) Mini ONE

There's so many more I want to add to this list but can't.

oh i forgot
My list is a bit realistic in that if i get the job i am really aiming for then at least the first 4 would be attinable cars for me

1)2000 shape BMW 750i (for the resident BMW fanboy its the E38 ) something about that huge car matched with a 5 litre V12 just makes me smile , i see a 735i parked outside the church near my house all of the time and i love it . I have also seen the rare euro limo model as well
2)Audi RS4 -the match of a solid salloon car plus speed is one i like
3)audi quattro -just IMO one of the best rally cars ever , and in fact voted 4 in top 10 sports cars 1980's
4)VW lupo GTI i know 1600cc engine might not sound like a lot but when your talking about something weighing only 830 kg not even a ton it is increadibly fast and being so small and slick it would be such a fun drive
5)Brabus rocket , if you didnt know this is a merc cls whith a modified V12 twin turbo producing 720BHP top speed stats be 227MPH only disspointing thing is it only has an automatic gearbox

so tempting to make my 5 the Nissan GTR

Technically its 5.4l
it probably makes more torque and hp than your V8
however i would be just as happy with the V8 model 535i seeing as the V12 models where only for the american market anyway so everything would be on the wrong side

Back
Top Bottom