Netbooks...

hitmanwa

Baseband Member
Is MS Office easily installed on a netbook? Are there any issues with doing this? What about a mini lapto or other umpc?

Thanks,

MS Office can be installed easily. It does have certain requirments as with everything else.

You could rip the disk to an ISO, and then mount the ISO on the NetBook.. you should be fine from there.

Are there netbooks with dvd rom, ... Most of them don't, right? Making the ISO may be your best option, but that seems like a pain. I was looking at getting a Dell netbook, but they don't specify a ROM on their specs page. Does anyone know?

You'll just have trouble with the keyboard.

I'm 6'2" with relatively big hands, and I type for hours on my Eee PC (1000HE) without any trouble. Netbook keyboards have greatly improved in the past few months.

And to answer the OP's question, Yes, MS Office installs very easily on netbooks.

Chances are ISO wont be an option because as sed most true netbooks don't have a disk drive of any kind. I'd look at either mountin the ISO on a flash drive or, if i was in this situation, i'd get a flash drive and install OpenOffice portable on it then run it straight from the flash drive, but if u don't mind the amount of space that an office software package wud take up on the often small hard drive of a netbook, then yes, u CAN install office

Back
Top Bottom