Use of Netbooks

drm45

Beta member
I read an article recently about how Netbook sales are going to increase by 80% in 2009. I never really understood the use of them, but recently decided to check them out. I think I am going to purchase a Dell Netbook. And see what uses I can have for them. The are pretty cheap. However, before I do this I wanted to hear what uses people had for netbooks.

This article had said that they are becoming useful recipe books in the kitchen. What do you think?

Ultra Portability and mobility, mostly used just for browsing the internet, checking email or im'ing. I prefer a more powerful laptop that one of these small netbooks.

Netbooks are best for what their name says, browsing the web. They are good to keep around to use programs like AIM or Skype because of their portability. They also have very long battery life compared to most laptops (netbooks can last anywhere from 3 to 6 hours from what I have seen so far, and it wouldn't surprise me if they came out with ones that can push 10 hours in the near future). Netbooks are not for gaming at all, though they probably could play casual games (Luxor, Solitaire, Zuma, Chuzzle, etc..) with little problem. These are great for school or work as you can take notes with relative ease and then take it home, connect to a printer, and there you go. Most netbooks don't use Windows, and if they do, its a low requirement OEM copy of it. Most of the netbooks I have seen use Linux, and the Dell ones you linked to have an option for XP or Linux.

A netbook would be a good investment if you are always on the move, don't want to sit down in front of a desktop, or need a quick and easy way to store, view and maintain data.

Back
Top Bottom