geek squad prices

Your target market is going to be teenagers, and young college students who want gaming computers. Also keep some parts in stock for older folk who want a basic house computer web, and office stuff.

Guys, don't even worry about Geek Squad prices......they are outrageous, they work for a big company so of course their prices are going to be higher. After all, the company has to make money, they have to pay the geeks and pay for their retarded black and white VW's.

If you charge as much as they do, your business won't last a week.

The one thing I can advise you when starting your own series of work, is to have experience and some type of proof of such. If you aren't articulate, or don't have a degree/certification(s).. it is more difficult for some people to take you seriously.

You will quickly notice that most people are very on edge about their computer.. and do not want to lose anything. Ensure that you have all of the proper experience necessary before ever touching a client's system.

If your unsure of something.. be willing to admit it.. and be willing to do the research.

You bring up a great point here. Anyone that has a PC on a warranty isn't going to take it to someone that isn't certified to fix it. Once they would open the case up their warranty would be voided unless their certified.

Numerous people have told me to start up my own shop around here but they miss some things. You have to have parts to test all the components. That means you need processors with different socket types, different style memory (DDR,DDR2,DDR3 as well as different speeds etc. If you don't have the proper parts to diagnose a computer what are you going to do besides guess?

I remember when my Grandmothers Dell Laptop was acting up and shutting off. I looked it over and could tell the exhaust fan quit working. I could have fixed it myself but their was no point. It still had warranty time on it and if I opened it then the warranty would of been voided. So I called Dell for her and sent it back. Kind of dumb really over something simple but its covered if something major happens to it down the road.

don't forget to write up a terms of agreements form for each customer / whoever to sign before you even think about working on their pc

Having been in business for a little while my main advice to anyone is never underestimate the importance of confidence and good communication. Literally dozens of jobs have gone my way mainly because of my ability to communicate with clients properly.

Get a good reputation in your local area and work up from there. Would help to get a web presence, if only for testimonials and contact information. Also i found when i started out that it was worth going in low on the price front just to secure some work and build that reputation, nowadays i can actually afford to turn some work down if it doesn't suit me, going low at the beginnig has really paid of and i'm busy now than ever.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;917803 said:
You bring up a great point here. Anyone that has a PC on a warranty isn't going to take it to someone that isn't certified to fix it. Once they would open the case up their warranty would be voided unless their certified.

Numerous people have told me to start up my own shop around here but they miss some things. You have to have parts to test all the components. That means you need processors with different socket types, different style memory (DDR,DDR2,DDR3 as well as different speeds etc. If you don't have the proper parts to diagnose a computer what are you going to do besides guess?

I remember when my Grandmothers Dell Laptop was acting up and shutting off. I looked it over and could tell the exhaust fan quit working. I could have fixed it myself but their was no point. It still had warranty time on it and if I opened it then the warranty would of been voided. So I called Dell for her and sent it back. Kind of dumb really over something simple but its covered if something major happens to it down the road.

I won't be fixing computers. I think it is too time consuming and for the price the customer can almost buy a new computer.

don't forget to write up a terms of agreements form for each customer / whoever to sign before you even think about working on their pc

I know there should be clause regarding data backup but what are some other clauses should i include. I would be good if somebody could point me to an example agreement.

Back
Top Bottom